Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sasha Baker is a projects and construction lawyer based in Melbourne.
She has a particular focus in building and infrastructure projects, and energy and resources projects. Sasha's experience includes front-end procurement, contract management during project delivery, and dispute management and representation in both domestic and international projects. Sasha also provides advice on project insurance policies, professional indemnity and construction related insurance.
Sasha acts for government departments, employers, contractors and professionals in the construction industry on bespoke contracts, and various standard form contracts, namely the Australian Standards, NEC, FIDIC and JBCC.
- Higher Diploma in Law, University of Sydney (2020)
- Construction Law Summer School, University of Cambridge (2018)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Cape Town (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), University of Cape Town (2006)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2020
- South Gauteng High Court (South Africa) 2011
- Metropolitan Waste & Resource Recovery Group - providing advice in regard to the significant waste to energy projects for 60 tenderer submissions.
- Large multi-national contractor - on commercial and construction pre-contract and post-contract execution.
- Department of Health and Human Services - the delivery of housing construction projects, specifically in relation to bank guarantee arrangements.
- State Government and Councils - in respect of the NEC4 standard form of contract.
- WaterNSW - in respect of the legal liabilities involved in an ongoing dam upgrade project.
- SSI Engineering - acting on behalf of and providing advice to the Contractor for the design, construction and refurbishment of a new airport in South Africa.
- Anglo Platinum - on commercial and construction pre-contract and post-contract execution.
- Wind Project - part of the team appointed to provide legal advice the NEC suite of contracts on a renewable energy project relating to wind power in South Africa.
- Vedanta Inc. - acting on behalf of and providing advice to an Employer in respect of an EPC Contractor for the design and construction of a zinc infrastructure plant and defending numerous claims made by the EPC Contractor.
- Dutch based corporation - in various disputes arising from the construction of a cold storage facility in Melbourne.
- N3 Interchange Bridge - an ICC arbitration relating to various disputes regarding timebars, delays, variations, cost overruns, liquidated damages in Durban, South Africa.
- Acting in large arbitrations relating to the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth stadiums.
- South African national electricity regulator (Eskom) - in various disputes arising from the construction of a power station in South Africa's Kwa-Zulu Natal province.
- One and Only Hotel - in representing the quantity surveyor involving cost overruns and variations in Cape Town.
- Recognised Leader in Law, Chambers and Legal 500
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- National Women's Association in Construction Law
- Law Institute of Victoria – Young Lawyers Association