Partner, Canadian Head of Antitrust and Competition
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Cartels and antitrust investigations
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Merger control
Chris Hersh is a business law partner based in Toronto and the Canadian head of our antitrust and competition practice. Chris provides strategic counsel to clients on all aspects of competition law, including mergers and acquisitions, criminal matters, abuse of dominance, marketing and advertising, as well as pricing and distribution issues.
He also regularly works with international clients to obtain approvals under the "net benefit," national security and cultural sector review provisions of the Investment Canada Act. In addition to his transactional and regulatory practice, Chris has an active competition litigation practice and acts for clients involved in matters before the Competition Tribunal, trans-border criminal investigations/prosecutions, as well as price-fixing class actions.
In addition to his practice, Chris regularly writes and speaks in Canada and abroad on all aspects of competition. Chris has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Western Ontario Law School and as a guest lecturer at the Osgoode Hall Law School LL.M. and Queen's University economics program. Additionally, Chris is active in the CBA Competition Law Section (having chaired the Competition Litigation and Legislative Policy committees), the ABA Antitrust Section and the IBA Competition (having been the Canadian representative to the International Bar Association's working group on European private enforcement of competition law and co-chair of the Private Enforcement Working Group).
- Ontario 2000
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Competition/Antitrust, 2015-2022
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Competition/Antitrust, Chambers and Partners, 2016-2022
- Chambers Global, Canada: Competition/Antitrust, Chambers and Partners, 2006-2021
- Global Competition Review (GCR100): Highly recommended, 2011
- Lexpert Rising Star, 2010
- Martindale Hubbell, Distinguished™, Rating High ethical standing, 2021
- Who's Who Legal: Future Leader, Competition, 2021
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- International Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association