Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Investment funds
- Funds and asset management
- Financial services and regulation
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Regulation and investigations
Key industry sectors
Stephen Lee is senior corporate and financial services lawyer based in Sydney with over 17 years experience at leading global financial institutions in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. He specialises in investment funds, financial services regulation and asset servicing.
Stephen has considerable experience advising on the full range of corporate and regulatory issues, including licensing obligations, fund establishment and structuring, product disclosure and significant cross-border transactions across the Asia Pacific.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Systems), University of Wollongong
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2006
- High Court of Australia 2007
- High Court of Hong Kong 2016
- The GPT Group on the $2.6 billion transfer of the management of AMP Capital Retail Trust - now the Australian Core Retail Trust, and the property management of its core assets. Advised on deal structuring and the regulatory process as well as the requirements for changing the responsible entity of a registered scheme.
- Australian fund manager on its $750 million investment and co-investment in various offshore investment funds, including advising and negotiating transaction documents and side letters.
- Global investment consultant on various investments initiatives, including structuring and acquisition process, and negotiating fund constitutive documents.
- Australian commercial and industrial property group on its joint venture in the development of a logistics facility, which included establishing a fund in connection structuring, seeding, distribution, investment management, capital support arrangements, and AFS licensing advice.
- Various global fund managers on accessing the Australian market, including distribution of their funds to and acceptance of mandates from Australian superannuation funds and other institutional investors.
Financial services monthly wrap-up: April 2023
Publication | May 17, 2023
Financial services monthly wrap-up: March 2023
Publication | April 14, 2023
Financial services monthly wrap-up: February 2023
Publication | March 13, 2023