Related services and key industries
Joseph Keillor is a senior associate, and his practice focuses on a broad range of transactional and regulatory healthcare matters. Joseph has experience in all phases of affiliations, mergers, and acquisitions, including with respect to public, non-profit, and for-profit clients. Joseph regularly helps clients develop accountable care organizations (ACOs) and clinical integration and co-management arrangements. Joseph also conducts compliance investigations, prepares self-disclosures under the self-referral disclosure protocol (SRDP), and advises clients in restructuring contractual arrangements to minimize compliance risk. He also regularly advises clients regarding implications of changing payment models to their organizations, including changes under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA). Joseph is also dynamically involved in The Health Project, Inc., a not-for-profit organization championing employer health promotion programs, holding the roles of Secretary and Assistant Treasurer.
Prior to attending law school, Joseph was an officer in the United States Air Force and served a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2005. Joseph additionally served in the United States Air Force Reserve through 2011.
LL.M, University of Chicago, 2011
JD, magna cum laude, Washington University School of Law, 2010
BA, magna cum laude, History, Baylor University, 2003
During law school, Joseph was a Webster Scholar, an Honor Scholar (2007 - 2010) and a member of the Order of the Coif. He also participated in the Law Review and served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Raymond W. Gruender in the U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit.
While at Baylor University, Joseph was a Carr P. Collins Scholar, Regents' Scholar and a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He was also a member of the Air Force ROTC.
- Illinois State Bar
- Missouri State Bar
- "CMS Rings in the New Year with Overhaul of MSSP ACOs," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, January 3, 2019
- "Budget Act Codifies Stark Liberalizations," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, February 2018
- "Deregulatory Wave Prompts Renewed Examination of Stark Law Application," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, February 2018
- "Judge Doubles Down on Finding of Materiality in FCA Case," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, September 2017
- "CMS Issues New Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, April 2017
- "Federal Circuit Court Endorses Stark Liberalization of Writing Requirement," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, March 2017
- "CMS Revises ACO Benchmarks," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, January 2016
- "CMS Proposes Stark Law Liberalizations," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, July 2015
- "OIG Publishes Compliance Oversight Guidance," Co-Author, Health Law Pulse Blog, April 2015
- "Veterans at the Gates: Exploring the New GI Bill and Its Transformative Possibilities," 87 Wash. U. L. Rev. 175, 2009
- "New Horizons In Fraud & Abuse: Impact of Stark, Anti-KickBack, and Other Key Developments," Co-Presenter, NRF Life Sciences & Healthcare Webinar Series, April 19, 2018
- "Stark Law Developments: Scope of Liberalizations and their Implications," Presenter, Health Ethics Trust Best Compliance Practices Forum, Arlington, VA, October 16, 2017
- "MACRA Final Rule: Highlights and Implications," Co-Presenter, NRF Life Sciences & Healthcare Spring Webinar Series, January 12, 2017
- The Health Project, Inc., Secretary and Assistant Treasurer
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers' Association
- Baylor Ambassador
- Preclarus Mastery Academy, Board Member (2009 - 2010)
- St. Louis Tax Assistance Program, Tax Preparer (2008 - 2010)
- New Legacy Academy, Volunteer Instructor (2008)