Jay Edward Slovacek Greathouse
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Jay Edward Slovacek GreathousevCard
Related services and key industries
Jay Greathouse focuses his active mergers and acquisitions practice on representing clients in public and private acquisition and divestiture transactions, complex joint ventures and international transactions of all types, sizes and complexities. Jay has extensive experience representing private equity firms, strategic buyers and public companies in their acquisitions and divestitures. He is also experienced in advising on shareholder disputes, corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues, non-profit transactions and governance, and early stage companies.
His practice includes corporate health care transactions, including the sale, purchase, and joint ventures between and among healthcare entities and professional practices, and in energy transactions with advisor selection, governance issues, and purchases and sales.
Jay is part of the firm's FinTech team, frequently speaking and writing on cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contract issues.
JD, cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2010
Graduate Accounting and Finance, Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis, 2010
BS, Journalism, Texas A&M University, 2005
While in law school, Jay was an editor of the Washington University Law Review. He was admitted to practice law in 2010, and has inactive bar status in New York, Missouri and Illinois.
- Texas State Bar
Jay's experience includes representation of the following:
- Private equity firms in numerous acquisitions, co-investments and divestitures;
- Multi-national transaction for intellectual property and development of global structure;
- US refinery operator (NYSE) with multiple transactions to divest crude and asphalt refineries;
- Non-profit community hospital in its $200 million sale to a national non-profit hospital system;
- Non-profit insurance company in its $3.75 billion sale to a strategic buyer;
- Regional pipeline in it $130 million sale to a strategic buyer;
- International restructuring of a publicly traded Hong Kong-based electronics manufacturer and its subsidiaries;
- Independent oil & gas company (Nasdaq) with numerous acquisitions and divestitures, including their trucking fleet and various oilfield service divisions;
- Regional hospital system in its $75 million joint venture with hospital system;
- Non-profit regional hospital system in its $450 million sale to a strategic buyer;
- Medical device company in its formation, venture capital financing and sale to a publicly traded company for $75 million;
- Regional health system in its $100 million acquisition of a hospital system;
- Pipeline and logistics master limited partnership (NYSE) in issuances of more than $1.5 billion of common units;
- Venture backed medical device company in its $45 million sale to a publicly traded strategic buyer;
- Non-profit health care systems in the acquisition of urgent care centers, including formation of a joint venture between a non-profit health system and a for-profit development firm to operate urgent care centers;
- High-tech manufacturer in its $60 million sale to international conglomerate;
- Venture capital in their investment of over $10 million in a growth-stage company;
- Heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer (Nasdaq) in certain merger and acquisition transactions; and
- Drug development company in its $100 million sale to a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Laurel Heights Weekday School – Board Member (2015-present); Chairman of School Board (2015-2017)
- Golf San Antonio – Board Member, Risk Committee and Marketing Committee (2015 - present); General Counsel (2017 – present)
- Special Olympics Area 6 – Executive Committee (2003, 2005-2007); Volunteer of the Year (2007)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Bike MS, Gateway Area Chapter