Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm - In Association with Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP*
Related services and key industries
Bassam Oweidat joined the firm's Riyadh office in 2015.
Bassam is experienced in handling general corporate, commercial, mergers and acquisitions, labor and insurance matters. He primarily focuses on corporate and commercial matters.
Masters in Legal Informatics, La Sagesse University, 2010
LL.B, Major in Law, Lebanese University, 2007
Diploma of Lebanese Baccalaureate in Sociology & Economics, Lebanon Evangelical School for Boys & Girls, 2003
- Advising and assisting on various M&A transactions and restructuring projects (including but not limited to conducting the legal due diligence exercise and drafting the reports, identifying and assessing legal risks, and advising on the appropriate solutions).
- Advising on joint ventures in Saudi Aribia in the fields of manufacturing, trading, construction, etc.
- Advising on establishing a training academy and the licensing from the Technical and Vocational Training
- Advising on the conversion of two major limited liability companies to joint stock companies to obtain finance lease licenses from SAMA and restructuring their agreements in accordance with SAMA finance regulations.
- Advising on establishing a real estate finance company through SAMA and MOCI with a share capital of 900 Million Saudi Riyals which includes the Public Investment Fund as one of its shareholders.
- Advising on the rights issue of an insurance and reinsurance company
- Advising clients (insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance and reinsurance brokers, insurance agents and third party administrators) in the insurance and reinsurance industry on SAMA regulatory matters.
- Advising on establishing and restructuring of insurance and reinsurance brokers and third party administrators through SAMA, SAGIA and MOCI.
- Advising multiple foreign banks on setting up foreign bank branches in KSA through all regulatory phases SAMA, SAGIA, MOCI and post CR licensing and registrations.
- Advising on the conversion of an authorized person by the CMA from a limited liability company to a joint stock company.
- Advising clients (including authorized persons) on Capital Market Authority regulatory matters