Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Emily advises clients in real estate transactions and development matters across a variety of asset classes, including single-family and multi-family residential, commercial, retail, industrial and mixed-use. Her experience encompasses the acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of real property and operating assets and real estate finance and private equity matters, including joint ventures. Emily has assisted in the resolution of complex commercial disputes, both in litigation and via alternative dispute resolution. She has extensive experience in structuring, implementing, and administering complex condominiums for the financing and sale of commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects.
Outside of the office, Emily serves on the Development Council for Breakthrough Austin, an organization committed to serving low-income students who will be first-generation college graduates.
- JD, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2012
- Student Fellow, Geoffrey H. Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship and the Law
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin, 2009
- Business Honors Program
- Texas State Bar
- Representing developers and builders in the creation, development, governance, management, and administration of master planned communities, condominiums, and other covenant-controlled projects.
- Working with a master-planned community developer in the development of multiple age-restricted communities and sales of unimproved and improved property therein to sub-developers, homebuilders and individuals.
- Advising a publicly-traded homebuilder in connection with the simultaneous, ongoing acquisition of dozens of unimproved parcels of land for development and sale, including the negotiation and drafting of agreements for entitlement and development of the sites and creating agreements with sellers and adjoining landowners for utilities and other joint facilities
- Representing developers and builders in the conversion of multifamily housing into residential condominiums.
- Texas Rising Star, real estate, Thomson Reuters, 2017 - 2019
- Co-author, "Handling Your First (or Next) HOA Assessment Lien Foreclosure – Pre Foreclosure Due Diligence," State Bar of Texas, November 14, 2014
- "HOPA Overview," Urban Land Institute Fall Meeting - Lifestyle Residential Development Council Meeting, October 26, 2016
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Development Council Member, Breakthrough Austin
- Development Council Member, Pease Park Conservancy
- Member, Austin Bar Association