Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Alex Marmar joined the New York office in 2017. His practice focuses on transportation finance as well as other secured and unsecured financings. Alex has represented lenders, lessors, and operators in debt financings, bond issuances, securitizations, and restructurings in matters spanning numerous jurisdictions.
Previously, Alex worked at two major US-based law firms, as a structured finance associate in New York and as an international arbitration associate in Paris.
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2010
- Master 2, Sciences-Po/Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2010
- BA, International Relations, Johns Hopkins University, 2006
- New York State Bar
- Lessor in a $1.2 billion aircraft-backed securitization.
- Lenders in a $1 billion financing of the purchase of deepwater drillships.
- Export credit agency in the financing of helicopters purchased by an offshore services provider.
- Lenders in the restructuring of over $1.5 billion of loans to a major shipowner.
- Shipowner in a $300 million tanker vessel-backed notes issuance.
- Lessor in a sale-leaseback of high-value widebody aircraft.