Related services and key industries
Richard Potomac is an associate in the firm's Dallas office where his practice focuses on corporate, regulatory, and securities matters involving commercial banks, bank holding companies, and other financial institutions.
Mr. Potomac has represented and advised clients in connection with an array of compliance issues, regulatory filings, debt and equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, charter conversion, and administrative enforcement proceedings. He frequently interacts with state and Federal regulators, having represented clients before the Federal Reserve, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the Texas Department of Banking.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Mr. Potomac served as a senior attorney in the OCC's Southern District Counsel's Office in Dallas. In that role, he advised bank examiners, licensing analysts, and senior agency officials on a wide variety of transactional, regulatory, and enforcement matters involving community and midsize national banks and Federal savings associations. Mr. Potomac also worked in the OCC's Legislative & Regulatory Activities Division and participated in the agency's responsible innovation initiative.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2011
BA, Psychology, magna cum laude, The University of California at Los Angeles, 2008
- California State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Co-author, "CSBS releases action items to improve regulation of nonbank financial services companies," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, February 19, 2019
- Co-author, "US Federal Banking Agencies issue Community Bank Leverage Ratio proposal," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, November 29, 2018
- Co-author, "Conference of State Bank Supervisors files Federal lawsuit to stop OCC fintech charter," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, October 29, 2018
- Co-author, "New York State Department of Financial Services again sues OCC over bank charter for fintechs," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, September 19, 2018
- Co-author, "OCC announces it will begin accepting charter applications from fintechs," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, August 7, 2018