Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Lori Yount represents businesses in all phases of disputes, with a focus on construction-related litigation. Her practice also involves defending insurance companies.
Lori came to the firm with significant experience in insurance defense and commercial litigation. She has devised litigation strategy for both third-party and first-party claims in close partnership with clients and insurance representatives. Lori treats each dispute as unique and guides clients and insurance representatives to a favorable resolution, or disposition, with efficiency in mind.
JD, summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2013
BJ, magna cum laude, Journalism, Spanish, Anthropology, University of Missouri, 2005
In law school Lori was an articles editor for the South Texas Law Review and was a 2011 champion in the Leroy Jeffers Intramural Moot Court Tournament.
Lori is admitted in the Southern, Western Districts of Texas 2014, 2016.
- Texas State Bar
- Defended transportation companies and other businesses in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits.
- Represented businesses and individuals in multi-party contractual and construction disputes, including structural engineers against allegations of design defects in oilfield compressor foundations.
- Obtained summary judgments and dispositions in favor of employers sued for wrongful termination and negligence, despite applicability of workers' compensation bar in temporary employment situations.
- Won defense verdicts in small claims suits involving personal injury and property damage.
- Negotiated favorable defense settlements in multi-party negotiations and mediations.
- Co-author, "US court decision poised to impact underwriter ability," Insurance Day, Oct. 15, 2018
- Author - "Consent as a Constitutional Threat: Reconsidering the Jurisdiction of Magistrate Courts after Stern v. Marshall" South Texas Law Review, 2013
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Director, 2018-2019
- Chair, Bears for Babies, 2016-present
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow, 2018
- Houston Bar Association