Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Katie Oldham is a counsel residing in the Austin Office. She represents various clients in insurance coverage disputes and other commercial-related disputes. Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Katie worked as a litigation associate in the Business and Tort Litigation group at another large law firm in Houston, Texas, where she worked on a wide variety of commercial disputes, ranging from energy to healthcare litigation. She has been involved in many internal investigations for major clients.
Katie has also worked as a litigation lawyer at the Health and Human Services Commission of Texas, where she represented the agency in numerous healthcare, employment, insurance, Medicaid and Medicare matters.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2015
BA, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Honors, Government and English, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012
During law school, Katie was a Staff Editor for The Review of Litigation, and participated in the Thad T. Hutchison Moot Court Competition. She was also active in the Children's Rights Clinic and The Actual Innocence Clinic. During undergraduate, Katie was a member of Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society, Tri-Delta, Phi Beta Kappa, Longhorn Outreach program and a Liberal Arts College Scholar.
- Texas State Bar
- Represented a network of emergency air transport carriers against claims, filed in various jurisdictions around the United States, alleging the air ambulance carriers charge improper fees for their services.
- Represented the Health and Human Services Commission in a multitude of litigation matters.
- Representing an international oil and gas company against plaintiff claims of personal injury and breach of contract.
- Represented an international company in internal investigation related to emissions standards.
- Represented an international company in multiple internal investigations related to federal compliance issues.
- Represented two pro-bono clients seeking asylum in the United States.
- Advised a subsidiary of Arsenal Capital Partners that provides oilfield production chemicals, in connection with its sale to a Swiss-based leader in specialty chemicals.
- Advised The Southern Company in its acquisition from Kinder Morgan of a 50 percent equity interest in the 7,600-mile Southern Natural Gas pipeline system.
- Advised USI Insurance Services LLC in its acquisition of the assets of Healthcare Liability Solutions, LLC, a Houston, Texas property and casualty brokerage firm.