D. Hunter Polvi
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
D. Hunter Polvi is a commercial litigator in Norton Rose Fulbright's San Antonio office in the Energy & Infrastructure practice group. He has experience in all aspects of preparing a matter for trial, including deposing fact and expert witnesses, preparing and presenting witnesses for deposition and drafting and arguing dispositive motions. He has tried multiple cases first-chair and has trial experience handling matters to verdict/judgment in state and federal courts.
JD, Valedictorian of Graduating Class, magna cum laude, Baylor Law School, 2012
BBA, Valedictorian of Graduating Class, summa cum laude, Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 2009
During law school, Hunter was an Associate Editor for the Baylor Law Review.
Hunter is admitted practice in Texas and Illinois. Additionally, he is admitted to the North and South Districts of Texas.
- Illinois State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Defense of corporate entity in oil and gas matter in West Texas against various producer seeking a Temporary Restraining Order and Temporary Injunction. Efforts included preparing emergency discovery, emergency depositions, and extensive trial preparation. Defense team successfully defended client and suit was dismissed.
- Represented top lessors seeking pre-suit discovery to determine profitability and operational status of oil & gas wells.
- Represented mineral owners in title dispute cases where mineral owners were seeking to recover marketable title when operator no longer owned clear title to property because the lease had failed to produce in paying quantities.
- Represented multiple oil and gas entities in top leases against operators in failure to produce in paying quantities disputes involving hundreds of acres of mineral rights in Permian Basin.
- Represented owner in dispute between shareholders of Kenyan aviation company that included claims for money laundering, fraud, and insurance fraud for several crashed aircraft.
- Represented investors in securities fraud case where investors brought claims against fraudster and accounting company for misappropriating over $80MM in company funds.
- Represented President & CEO against Fortune 500 company in dispute involving non-payment of severance benefits under an ERISA voluntary separation program with a result favorable to client.
- Represented business owners in accounting malpractice suit where accountants failed to properly account for substantial tax liability in valuation of sale of company.
Products Liability Litigation
- Represented over 100 clients in multi-defendant fertilizer plant explosion case that resulted in 15 deaths, 160+ injured, and 150 buildings damaged or destroyed. Efforts included participating in over 200 depositions of fact and expert witnesses, substantial e-discovery, and extensive motion practice.
- Represented clients in products liability matters regarding harmful medical implants and devices. Hip implant case was tried in federal court, resulting in a $502MM verdict for clients.
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers – DAYL Leadership Class (2018)
- Dallas Bar Association – Entertainment Committee (2019 – present)
- Dallas County Expungement Expo – Volunteer Attorney (2017, 2018)
- Private Pilot (Single Engine Air Land)