Frank H. Newton
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Litiges et différends
- Responsabilité du fait du produit
- Sciences de la vie et produits pharmaceutiques
- Soins de santé
Frank Newton has been an attorney in the Houston office since 1988. His legal practice involves litigation including general tort, personal injury, product liability defense, toxic & mass torts, pharmaceutical and life sciences, probate and fiduciary matters. He has focused on premises liability, including security issues and industrial accidents, vehicular accidents, toxic/mass torts and pharmaceutical and life sciences defense. He has also worked often in probate and fiduciary litigation. His toxic tort work has included silica, asbestos and benzene exposure cases. He has an active trial practice in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Newton has worked on numerous matters involving fatalities and catastrophic injuries including fires and explosions, burns, electrocutions, paralysis, etc. in industrial, highway and railroad accidents. He has also developed specialized knowledge in medical and scientific fields including neurology, toxicology, myelopathy, orthopedics, pulmonology, cognitive impairment, psychiatry and psychology.
Mr. Newton has also been active in probate & fiduciary litigation including numerous will contests, trusts, partnerships and suits involving allegations of breach of duties owed by fiduciaries.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Newton worked as an investigator with the District Attorney's office for the 9th Judicial District of Texas, in law enforcement with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department, and as a corrections officer for the Texas Department of Corrections.
Mr. Newton, a resident of The Woodlands, has since 1977 developed and maintained substantial ties with Montgomery County government officials. He has been active in the political campaigns of a number of elected officials in the county, including county attorney, district attorney and district judge races.
Mr. Newton's representative engagements include:
- Representation of a major international petrochemical corporation in refinery fires, explosions and toxic emissions cases
- Representation of an interstate cement manufacturer as lead trial counsel in a fatality accident case, resulting in a defense verdict
- Representation of a major international pharmaceutical company in PPA-stroke cases
- Representation of a major international pharmaceutical company in medical device–denture cream litigation involving allegations of myelopathy and other neurological deficits
- Representation of a major international healthcare and medical device manufacturer in cases involving allegations of over-radiation from CT scans
- Representation of private individuals and charitable organizations in various probate and fiduciary litigation matters including recently obtaining a defense verdict in a fraud, conversion and breach of fiduciary duty trial in Freestone County, Texas
JD, summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law, 1987
BS, summa cum laude, Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University, 1976
Mr. Newton was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1988.
- Texas State Bar
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
Mr. Newton has been a member of the Houston Bar Association's Speaker's Bureau and has given a number of speeches, including presentations at CLE seminars. He also serves as faculty in area mock trial and moot court competitions, and is actively involved with trial advocacy training. He has also lectured in community relations and ethics at several local law enforcement academies.
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Speakers' Bureau
- Chair, Montgomery County Civil Service Commission
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Montgomery County, Civil Service Commissioner
- City of Houston, Civil Service Commissioner