Related services and key industries
Andrew Wood is a banking lawyer based in London. He has extensive experience in structured finance transactions with a particular focus on all areas of trade and commodity finance including pre-export and pre-payment finance, ownership finance and borrowing base, inventory and receivables transactions and commodity sale and purchase arrangements. Andrew advises lenders, trading companies and producers in cross-border transactions in emerging and developed markets.
Andrew also has extensive asset finance and general banking finance experience.
Andrew is named as a Next Generation Lawyer for Trade Finance by Legal 500 UK 2017.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising a major state-owned oil company on its multi-billion dollar prepayment arrangements with various major traders under long-term oil supply agreements.
- Advising a major state-owned oil company on various multi-billion dollar prepayment arrangements with an overseas supplier.
- Advising EBRD in respect of its Trade Facilitation Programme.
- Advising the Lenders and hedge providers in respect of a US$1 billion oil borrowing base facility over oil and products secured over a number of European, North African and Middle Eastern locations.
- Advising the Lenders in relation to a financing related to a Ghanaian oil refinery.
- Advising various European banks in connection with their supply chain finance facilities in a number of jurisdictions.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to various on-lending structures in Africa.
- Advising a trade finance bank in respect of a facility to a global soft commodity trader in Africa.
- Advising an international bank in connection with financing and marketing arrangements relating to mining production in Africa.
- Advising an international bank in various receivables purchase and supply chain structures with various customers.
- Advising various banks in connection with their template trade finance bilateral documentation and LC issuance facilities.