Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Marc Robert is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Paris. He focuses on litigation, both domestic and cross-border, as well as in international arbitration and ADR.
Marc has a breadth of experience in cross-border disputes, particularly in the in the energy, mining and construction sectors. He also focuses his practice on advising clients regarding their disputes in African jurisdictions, in particular in the OHADA region.
Marc has court experience in various proceedings including standalone and ancillary litigation, enforcement proceedings, interim and injunctive relief and investigations led by court-appointed forensic experts.
He has also been involved in and led teams pursuing and defending claims under the arbitration rules of the major arbitrational institutions, including: the ICC, the ICSID, and ad hoc arbitrations under the UNCITRAL rules.
Marc holds a LL.M. from McGill University, Canada, and a Master's in International Law from Panthéon-Sorbonne University, France. He is a member of the Paris Bar since 2010 and speaks French, English and Portuguese.
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Leading engineering group - represented in ICC arbitration proceedings regarding an EPC contract for the construction of oil and gas facilities
- Canadian company - represented in the recognition and enforcement proceedings of an ICSID award rendered in its favor against the State of Venezuela
- Global mining group – represented in ICC arbitration proceedings against a state-owned company of an OHADA country regarding their respective rights under a joint venture agreement
- Mining company – represented in an ICC arbitration regarding performance of drilling services in the Democratic Republic of Congo, involving complex expert determination issues
- Leading engineering and construction Canadian company - represented in the context of an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of a west African country and a development agency of the US Government in relation to the modernization of the main airport of the country
- Major telecom group – represented in an ICC arbitration against the minority shareholder of a joint venture in DRC, whose behaviour had put the company and the entire investment at risk
- Canadian group – represented in the paper industry regarding a post M&A dispute involving expert determination regarding the value of the shares (ICC arbitration and French courts)
- Mauritanian transport company - represented in arbitration proceedings against a major shipping company in relation to a delivery of commodities from Pakistan to Mauritania and the release of the cargo by the port authorities of Nouakchott in Mauritania
- Global insurance group –represented in ICC arbitration, including emergency arbitration proceedings, against the majority shareholders of the holding company of a group of companies in the banking and insurance sector
- Canadian aircraft manufacturer - represented in recognition and enforcement proceedings of an ICC award rendered in its favor against the Hellenic Republic
- Major financial institution – represented against its former shareholder and asset manager following the termination of the asset management agreement
- Real estate and hotel group operating hotels in Dakar, Bamako, Abidjan, Conakry, Libreville, Johannesburg etc. – represented against its former president regarding inter alia share value determination
- Global oil company – represented the annulment of the sale of 96 gas stations in France
- Leading company in water, hygiene and energy products and services - represented on a regular basis for product liability investigations conducted by court appointed experts
- Various industry sectors (energy, insurance, construction) – regularly advising and representing on post M&A and seller's liability guarantee disputes before the French Courts, often involving expert determination proceedings
- Mining group and its local subsidiaries – represented for a multi-jurisdictional dispute involving commercial and criminal claims in several OHADA countries
- Leaderin the energy sector - represneted in a dispute before the Paris court of appeal for the late delivery of LNG carriers
- Chemical company - represented in a dispute before the Paris court of appeal for allegations of unfair competition of 21 products
- Global brewing company – represented against its former distributor regarding termination of their distribution agreement
- Bed manufacturer – represented against its former distributors following termination of their distribution agreement
- Sellers of wind farms and other energy facilities - representedon a post M&A dispute and claims for enforcement of liability guarantee
- Telecom company – advised on counter-enforcement strategies in the context of several proceedings initiated by the other shareholder of a joint venture in Benin before the courts of Cotonou (Benin), the Ohada Common Court of Justice and Arbitration (CCJA) in Abidjan, as well as before an ad hoc arbitral tribunal
- Major financial institution and its directors - represented in relation to criminal investigations for abuse of power
- Mining group – represented before criminal courts in a West African country in relation to customs and tax issues around the sale of products containing precious metals
- Director of a company prosecuted by criminal authorities – represented in the context of the collapse in 2009 of the stage that was being built for a Madonna's concert in Stade Vélodrome of Marseille
- Group of companies prosecuted before the Paris criminal court – represented for indirect advertising of tobacco
- Oil producer - represented in the context of criminal investigations following the death of a third-party employee in one of their site
- Managing disclosure in the face of the data explosion, October 02, 2017
- Asymmetric arbitration agreements, October 02, 2017
- The validity of unilateral "hybrid jurisdiction" clauses has become less certain under French law, November 29, 2012