Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Heimon Smits is a corporate M&A lawyer based in Amsterdam. Heimon is experienced in M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures, complex cross-border transactions and corporate restructurings. He has been acting as Dutch counsel to vendors, purchasers and investors in numerous cross-border and national transactions.
Clients recommend Heimon for his broad experience in corporate law and his solution-orientated and pragmatic approach. Client feedback includes, "he's a straight-shooter, really direct, supports the client and always has a very positive attitude towards the work. It's really enjoyable working with him." Chambers Global 2018.
Prior to joining us in June 2014, Heimon worked for more than 18 years at other leading law firms, including two years in New York advising on the Dutch legal aspects of cross-border transactions. Heimon is a member of the International Bar Association.
- Orde van Advocaten: Heimon Smits heeft in het rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten de volgende rechtsgebieden geregistreerd: Algemeen recht
- Leading US provider of laboratory supplies - advised on its acquisition of Dutch companies.
- Swiss company - advised on the acquisition of two Dutch inflight service companies.
- Global manufacturer of silicone release liners - advised on the divestment of its Finnish subsidiary and activities in multiple other jurisdictions.
- Irish company - advised on the acquisition of a Dutch company's bakery activities.
- Dutch joint venture company formed by three large banks in The Netherlands - advised on the acquisition and transfer of activities in the field of processing cash in circulation and the logistics of cash deposits and withdrawals.
- Global producer of mechanical and electrical motion control and power generation products - advised on its acquisition of several Dutch and Italian manufacturing companies.
- US private equity investor and portfolio company - advised a leading provider of advanced specialty chemicals on the acquisition of a European-based manufacturer of products and technologies, targeted to food and beverage, consumer and industrial applications.
- Regal Beloit Corporation - advised on its US$154m acquisition of Nicotra Gebhardt Group from Ergon Capital.
- "He's a straight-shooter, really direct, supports the client and always has a very positive attitude towards the work. It's really enjoyable working with him." Chambers Global 2018, Chambers Europe, 2018
- "Understands business needs and business rationale while also respecting the legal reality". Legal 500 EMEA, 2016
- "Heimon Smits advises clients on cross-border corporate transactions and restructurings, and has experience in the manufacturing and chemical industries. Clients say he is "always able to find a compromise or solution to a problem," also praising his "availability and excellent fundamental knowledge of M&A work in the Netherlands." Chambers Europe, 2016
- "An exceptional asset to our negotiating team." Chambers Global, 2015
- "Knowledgeable and supportive...he makes sure any information coming from foreign jurisdictions is translated in a way that we can understand it." IFLR1000, Corporate, 2014
- "Really adds value to anything that we involve him in." Chambers Europe, Corporate, 2014
- International Bar Association