Bart Le Blanc
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Bart Le Blanc is a tax advisor based in Amsterdam.
Bart has over 20 years' experience of international corporate taxation, with a particular interest in the energy sector, including renewables. He has specific knowledge of various tax regimes in Latin America and Africa, including Mexico and Brazil.
Bart’s experience includes global tax planning, advising clients to structure, plan and document new business transactions in such a way as to optimize their world-wide taxation position. He advised on tax litigation, representing clients in audits by tax authorities and before courts on tax litigation matters. Bart also has experience representing clients in all aspects of transfer pricing, including performing benchmarking exercises and delivery of transfer pricing documentation (e.g. master files and local files) and assisting client with country-by-country reporting. He also acts for sponsors, managers or portfolio companies in various private equity transactions, including providing tax advice on fund, acquisition and divestment structuring.
Tax economics, University of Tilburg, the Netherlands
MBA, Nyenrode University, the Netherlands
- Dutch tax support - on the public takeover bid by Air France of Dutch airliner KLM, including structuring advice, obtaining various tax rulings and working on the prospectus.
- A global drinks company - in respect of the realisation of a new integrated juice terminal, blending and filling business in the port area of Rotterdam, including the indirect tax aspects associated with regarding the land arrangements with the Port of Rotterdam.
- Various DBFMO contractors - with a claim against the Dutch State for tax damages arising as a consequence of new tax legislation.
- On Dutch tax support - on the public takeover bid by Air France of Dutch airliner KLM, including structuring advice, obtaining various tax rulings and working on the prospectus.
- A Brazilian ethanol producer - on the global restructuring of its international ethanol trading activities in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Singapore and the US.
- Deutsche Bank's Global Social Finance Group - in the setup of two microfinance funds in the Netherlands, including structuring, regulatory and on-going compliance work.
- A US private equity fund - with its acquisition of a water measurement systems business in the Netherlands.
- On tax structuring advice to a regulated private equity fund that invests in metal and mining companies - on its potential investments in Turkish, Australian, Serbian, Canadian and Brazilian infrastructure projects. Currently, advising on a $10m co-investment into a Brazilian copper mine and on the refinancing of certain mines.
- A Brazilian private equity fund - on setting up an international iron ore refinery process joint venture with a US listed partner and on the subsequent disposal of that joint venture to a Brazilian listed mining company.
- A Spanish listed construction company - on its international financing structure for one of its Latam projects (metro line)
'The tax team at Norton Rose in the Netherlands is very responsive, highly commercial and practical, and is focused on providing workable solutions to tax issues. It has excellent international experience, particularly in Latin America.' Legal 500 EMEA 2021
'Bart le Blanc is the tax partner we use in the Netherlands. He is highly responsive and commercial, and seeks to deliver very clear and pragmatic solutions to complex tax issues. He has excellent international experience. Very user-friendly.' Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisors
- International Fiscal Association
- The Dutch Association for Tax Research
- Foreign registered lawyer with the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority
Publication | September 22, 2022
Publication | July 04, 2022
Publication | May 23, 2022