Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Saeed Teebi practises in all areas of commercial law, with a focus on technology, privacy, e-commerce, pharmaceuticals, and construction matters. Mr. Teebi advises large-scale technology companies and start-ups, as well as companies entering into corporate and commercial transactions with technological components. He has acted for clients in a wide range of sub-sectors, including outsourcing, technology acquisition, licensing, distribution, and cyber-security, with a particular interest in emerging technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence. Mr. Teebi also has significant experience in commercial litigation, including litigation focusing on the technology sector, and has successfully appeared before all levels of court in Ontario in trials, motions, and on appeal.
Prior to entering legal practice, Mr. Teebi worked in the information technology field, developing databases and tools to assist scientific research. Mr. Teebi joined our Toronto office as a summer student in 2011 and as an articling student in 2012-2013.
While in law school, Mr. Teebi received awards for the highest standing in the advanced business law courses, as well as the Professional Excellence Award for demonstrating academic excellence together with a commitment to professional and service excellence. He also served as the president of the International Trade Law Association.
J.D., University of Ottawa, 2013
- Ontario 2013
Mr. Teebi has recently acted for the following clients:
- Accenture in various complex technology outsourcing mandates
- The Bank of Nova Scotia in complex negotiations with a financial software supplier, and drafting outsourcing agreements arising from the negotiations
- Sharp Canada in various commercial matters
- Nortel Networks in an ongoing litigation against a US-based software supplier
- BlackBerry Corporation in US-based breach of contract dispute with a former product purchaser
- National Bank in litigation involving the bank’s automated payments systems
- A software development company in an intellectual property dispute
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Computer Lawyers’ Group