Related services and key industries
Julianna Fish practises corporate and commercial law with a focus on energy and resources. She has experience assisting clients operating both domestically and in foreign jurisdictions, including significant experience in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
Ms. Fish has assisted clients on a broad range of matters, including share purchase transactions, asset acquisitions and divestures, provision and procurement of oilfield services, petroleum concessions and production-sharing contracts, LNG projects, rights of first refusal, and oil and gas joint ventures.
She is experienced in drafting and negotiating agreements, leading and conducting due diligence and title review projects, preparing complex legal opinions and reports and advising on day-to-day operational issues.
Ms. Fish joined our Calgary office as a summer student in 2009 and returned as an articling student in 2010. During her studies, Ms. Fish participated in academic exchanges in Finland, Ukraine and Norway.
J.D., University of Saskatchewan, 2010
B.A., University of Regina, 2007
- Alberta 2011
Ms. Fish has recently acted for the following clients:
- Crescent Point Energy Corp. in connection with its: (i) $99 million acquisition of Reliable Energy; (ii) $88 million acquisition of T.Bird Oil Ltd.; and (iii) $375 million asset acquisition from Lightstream Resources
- Vermilion Energy Inc. on its acquisition of a private Saskatchewan producer for total consideration of C$400 million
- PETRONAS Carigali Canada Ltd. in connection with: (i) its approximate C$5.8 billion acquisition of Progress Energy Resources Corp.; and (ii) its C$1.1 billion acquisition of shale gas assets from Progress Energy Resources Corp.
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation in connection with its US$435 million investment in the British Columbia coal assets of Xstrata Coal Canada Limited
- Ember Resources Inc. and Brookfield Asset Management Inc., in connection with the acquisition by Ember of natural gas assets from Apache Canada Ltd. for US$220 million
- A major multi-national corporation on its approximately $1 billion acquisition of interests in an LNG project and related assets
- Fellowship for Studies in the High North, Norway, 2009
- Academic Gold Scholarship, University of Regina, 2007
- Academic Silver Scholarship, University of Regina, 2006
- The Reverend Joseph B. Gavin, S.J. Scholarship in Arts, Campion College, 2006
- University of Regina Faculty of Arts Dean’s List, 2005 - 2006
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (contributor).
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Organizing committee, Conference in Energy Law Fundamentals, Canadian Energy Law Foundation, 2012-2013
- Student volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2008-2009