Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jordan Deering represents corporate clients and investors relating to all aspects of fraud, bribery, corruption, white collar crime, and corporate investigations. She acts in matters involving Ponzi schemes, mortgage fraud, employee theft, conflicts of interest, and other fraudulent schemes. Jordan provides advice to her clients on compliance with and investigations pertaining to the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act. She is regularly called upon by clients to assist in developing fraud and corruption prevention policies and programs, including whistleblower programs, compliance officer training, and risk assessment.
Jordan acts for a number of financial institutions in litigation relating to Bills of Exchange Act issues, cheque kiting, loan fraud, conversion, and fraudulent preferences or conveyances.
Further, Jordan assists corporate clients with the requirements, obligations and registration relating to the federal and provincial lobbying legislation.
Jordan has appeared before all levels of courts in Alberta and has obtained and administered Anton Piller orders, Mareva injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders, preservation orders and receivership orders.
She began her legal career clerking at the Alberta Court of Appeal and Court of Queen's Bench. From 2002 to 2015, she practised litigation at another international law firm in Calgary.
- Alberta 2002
- Corporations: coordinating and prosecuting civil fraud claims concerning mortgage fraud, investors concerning Ponzi schemes and a variety of corporate clients concerning employee defalcation
- Corporations and public bodies: advising clients on fraud prevention mechanisms, including whistleblower matters, policies, training and investigations
- Corporations: advising clients respecting compliance with and investigation relating to the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act
- Confidential clients: acting as court-appointed independent supervising solicitor for the execution and proper implementation of Anton Piller orders
- Financial institutions: successfully representing and defending on bills of exchange and other banking operation disputes
- Corporations: advising clients respecting compliance with the Alberta Lobbyists Act and the Canada Lobbying Act
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Gold Medallist, 2001
- "Developments and Trends in Fraud and Investigations," Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Montreal, October 22, 2019.
- "Fraud trends and their Impacts," HSBC, Edmonton, May 16, 2019.
- "Pre-Judgement Remedies," Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Calgary, May 2, 2018.
- "Remedies for Victims of Fraud," Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Calgary, February 20, 2014.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Calgary chapter
- Board of directors, Green Calgary (2016 - 2019)
- Board of directors, Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations (2011 - 2016)
Publication | March 20, 2020 - 10 PM ET
Publication | February 03, 2020
Publication | January 2020
Publication | December 19, 2019