Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Caroline is an insurance lawyer based in Johannesburg.
Caroline specialises in insurance law, financial lines and aviation. She has a diverse practice focusing on aviation advice and claims, directors and officers, bankers blanket bond, professional indemnity, construction and engineering, general and product liability, and cyber.
Caroline has represented clients locally and internationally in the insurance and aviation markets. She has published a number of articles on topics within her field of interest.
- BComm and LLB - University of the Witwatersrand;
- LLM in Insurance law - University of South Africa (UNISA).
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa
- Representing a company and its directors in a claim by minority shareholders in Africa;
- Advising major insurers in matters relating to policy coverage;
- Successfully resolving a number of public liability claims for one of South Africa's large power suppliers;
- Advising in relation to the application of privilege in litigation;
- Resolving a number of claims involving contamination by and inefficacy of products;
- Representing insurers in a number of fire and related business interruption claims;
- Representing insurers and insureds in relation to damages sustained following construction;
- Advising insurers on claims against various auditing firms, including the resolution of the associated regulatory issues;
- Representing the largest aviation company in Africa regarding a policy coverage dispute;
- Representing and providing advice to the Civil Aviation Authority;
- Providing advice to clients including owners and lessors of aircraft, operators, brokers, insurers and reinsurers relating to various passenger liability and coverage dispute claims, aircraft recoveries, damage to aircraft, mechanical defects, cargo claims and personal injury claims;
- Providing general advices on directors and officers liability, the impact of the new Companies Act 71 of 2008 and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
Member of the Law Society of the Northern Province;
Member of the Maritime Law Association of South Africa.