Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Megan is a litigation lawyer and dispute resolution lawyer based in Johannesburg.
Megan is a corporate and commercial disputes lawyer. She has insurance related experience in financial lines, professional indemnity, directors and officer's liability, aviation, logistics, business rescue and liquidations, medical malpractice. She deals with complex and large loss policy coverage advice and subrogated recovery actions in relation to the aforesaid matters. She has also litigated and advised extensively on commercial matters including contractual disputes, shareholder disputes and delinquent director proceedings.
Megan has been involved in complex and large corporate investigations into, amongst others, financial crimes, corruption and money laundering. Megan is also a member of our Risk Advisory team.
Megan has obtained a BA Law and an LLB from the University of Johannesburg.
Megan was admitted as an attorney in 2015 and is a member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
BA Law; LLB - University of Johannesburg
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2015
- Successfully defended arbitration proceedings launched against the lead insurer and various co-insurers, involving a policy coverage dispute in respect of a professional liability policy for a leading telecommunications company. The arbitrator upheld the rejection of the claim under the policy on the basis of material non-disclosure, relating to a professional negligence claim in excess of R100m;
- Defending and advising on a D&O claim against a former chief executive officer and retired engineer relating to the alleged breach of duty in the management of a coal mine and resultant damages in excess of R150m;
- Advising a leading South African insurer on policy coverage in respect of various high profile environmental-related regulatory, civil and criminal proceedings involving the directors of a waste management company;
- Defending a leading commercial property insurance broker against legal proceedings alleging professional negligence, flowing from the hijacking of an inner city building, and resultant policy coverage disputes with SASRIA and the property insurer;
- Providing policy coverage advice to an international insurer who issued a buyer-side warranties and indemnities insurance policy to the purchaser of a pharmaceutical company who subsequently discovered various VAT liabilities and resultant breach of warranty claims.
Law Society of the Northern Provinces