Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Jonathon Turner is a commercial dispute resolution and insolvency lawyer based in Sydney.
Jonothon's practice focuses on banking, financial services, and corporate insolvency litigation, fraud and commercial dispute resolution.
Jonathon advises a range of domestic and international clients including leading financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, and corporates on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious matters. He has particular experience of advising on corporate insolvency litigation, commercial litigation, contractual disputes, fraud related matters, breach of director duty litigation, corporate restructuring, security enforcement, and cross-border insolvency law.
Jonathon is dual-qualified having been admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Jonathon's international experience includes disputes resolution roles in London where he had carriage of corporate insolvency, banking and financial services litigation. During his time in London he acted in a number of high profile and complex matters arising out of the global financial crisis in 2008. Jonathon has acted in matters before the UK Court of Appeal and UK Supreme Court.
He has produced a number of articles on insolvency, litigation, and recovery matters.
- High Court of Australia 2015
- Qualified in England and Wales 2014
- Department of Family and Community Services (NSW) - on the liquidation of Community Work Pty Ltd (t/as Guardian Youth Care)(In Liq).
- Alleasing, an asset finance and leasing company - in relation to a dispute in the Supreme Court of NSW against the voluntary administrators of OneSteel Manufacturing, an Arrium group entity - in relation to security interests under the PPSA over iron ore crushing equipment.
- Macquarie Bank, the Accident Compensation Corporation (New Zealand) and Crown Asset Management Ltd (New Zealand) - in relation to a just and equitable winding up petition before the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands concerning an exempted limited partnership.
- Former directors of Rivercity Motorway Management Limited – in relation to Federal Court proceedings concerning the collapse of a managed investment scheme.