Vincent El Hayek
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Vincent El HayekvCard
Vince El Hayek's practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in domestic and international project finance and energy projects.
2015 - J.D., LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
2012 - B.A., Miami University
- New York State Bar
- Advised an organization seeking to draft new laws for the oil and gas sector in Lebanon
- Represented a wholly owned subsidiary of General Electric Company and GE Capital in the acquisition of the equity interests of JPM Capital Corporation in two wind power projects located in Minnesota, and then the subsequent disposition of the equity interests.
- Represented the purchasers of a $421 million bond issuance by Inversiones Latin America Power Limitada. The money was raised in a private placement to refinance two wind power projects located in Chile. Purchasers included Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company, Migdal Insurance Company and Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America.
- Represented General Electric as the tax equity investor in a 20 MW solar plant in Connecticut and a 20.3 MW solar plant in Nevada.
- Represented Fotowatio Renewable Ventures, a leading global developer of renewable utility-scale projects, in the financing of the 342 MW dc Potosí Solar Farm in Mexico. The financing is being provided by KfW, Bancomext and ING. The project will be the first to be operated by FRV in the country. The Potosí Solar Farm is located 60km northeast of the city of Zacatecas in the State of San Luis de Potosí.
- Represented NextEra Energy in its planned acquisition out of bankruptcy of Energy Future Holdings and its stake in Oncor Electric Delivery Company in a deal worth US$18.7 billion.
- Represented the senior and back-leverage lenders in connection with the financing of the 230 MW Mariah North Wind power project, serving the high-demand ERCOT market in Parmer County, Texas, with a 13-year, fixed-price hedge for its power production.
- Represented PNC Energy Capital LLC as the tax equity investor in a portfolio of solar projects across the US.
- Represented IX Solar III, LLC on the acquisition and development of a solar project near Philadelphia.
- Author, "Saudi Arabia Ramping Up Renewable Energy Investments," Norton Rose Fulbright Project Finance News, February 14, 2018.
- Author, "New Startup Applying Blockchain to Renewable Energy Financing," Norton Rose Fulbright Project Finance News, January 9, 2018.
- Author, "Ohio Supreme Court Upholds City Curfews in Public Parks," Frost Brown Todd, June 17, 2014
- Vice President, Latin American Law Student Association, Georgetown University Law Center
- Treasurer, Securities and Financial Law Organization, Georgetown University Law Center
- Food and Drug Law Journal, Georgetown University Law Center