Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm - In Association with Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP*
Al-Nakhlah Tower, 17th Floor
King Fahad Road, As Sahafah
P.O. Box 52681
Saudi Arabia 11573
We have been advising our clients in Saudi Arabia for many years, acting for a mix of international organizations and existing Saudi-based clients looking to grow their businesses in the region.
Our presence in Riyadh provides our clients direct access to critical legal services in a nation with a unique and vital position in the world economy.
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory environment, and the culture and traditions of the country. We regularly advise clients on the formation, financing, governance and operation of companies, joint ventures and distribution arrangements in Saudi Arabia. We have substantial knowledge of the local laws and regulations and our advice is sought regularly on general corporate and commercial matters and trade regulations throughout the Middle East.
We are market leaders and innovators in Islamic finance, offering extensive experience in structuring transactions in a Shariah-compliant manner. We are also actively involved in commercial litigation and local and international arbitration matters.
Our Riyadh team works closely with our other offices in the Middle East, including Bahrain and Dubai.
In Riyadh, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP practises in association with the Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm.
Our areas of work include
- general corporate and commercial
- major projects, particularly in the energy and infrastructure sectors
- capital markets
- banking and finance including Islamic finance
- dispute resolution and litigation
- investment funds
- real estate and construction.
Our recent work
- Advising the Saudi British Bank, Samba Financial Group and HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited as lender’s counsel in relation to the Shariah compliant refinancing of the construction and operation of parallel projects for district cooling plant and potable water system at King Khaled International Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Advising the lenders on Rabigh Electricity Company’s (Rabec) US$1.8 billion refinancing of the 1.2GW Rabigh 1 Independent Power Project.
- Advising the Islamic Development Bank on the update of its US$6.5bn Trust Certificate Issuance Programme and the first draw down under the updated programme.
- Advising an EPC construction company bidding for the engineering and construction of a freight and passenger railway connecting the port cities of Jeddah, Dammam and Jubail.
- Advising HSBC Holdings plc on the Saudi and UAE aspects its £12.5bn (US$ 17.7bn) 5 for 12 fully underwritten rights issue.
- Advising Saudi Oger in relation to an engineering, procurement and construction contract based on the FIDIC Red Book, for a large mixed-use development comprising hotel and residential towers and associated infrastructure in Makkah.
- Advising Alessa Advanced Projects Company on the IP licensing aspects of “Huntair Arabia”, its joint venture with Huntair Inc (an American manufacturer of air-conditioning systems), including a patent and know-how licensing agreement for the manufacture of certain products; a trade mark licensing agreement; and an exclusive marketing and sales agreement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
* associate office