Eric Daucher's practice is focused on Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring, including related litigation and appeals. Mr. Daucher frequently represents non-US liquidators, administrators, and similar parties in cross-border insolvency or debt adjustment proceedings and related litigation. Mr. Daucher also has substantial experience in major municipal bankruptcies and provides bankruptcy law-related analysis in connection with potential distressed investment opportunities.
2009 - J.D., Moot Court, Emory University School of Law
2006 - B.A., Trinity College
- Currently represents NextEra Energy in its planned acquisition out of bankruptcy of Energy Future Holdings and its stake in Oncor Electric Delivery Company in a deal worth US$18.7 billion.
- Currently represents an ad hoc committee of bondholders holding more than US$3.3. billion in bonds insured by Ambac Assurance Corporation’s General Account.
- Currently represents certain funds in connection with Puerto Rico-affiliated debt issuances.
- Represented the joint liquidators of Hellas Telecommunications (Luxembourg) II in a Chapter 15 case, cross-border avoidance actions and related appeals.
- Represented the scheme administrators of OIC Run-Off Limited and The London and Overseas Insurance Company Limited in obtaining chapter 15 recognition and enforcement of a scheme of arrangement in the US.
- Represented the First Lien Agent for Dunkard Creek Water Treatment System in connection with the chapter 11 bankruptcies of Longview Power and related debtors.
- Represented a major bond insurer in the chapter 9 case of Detroit, Michigan.
- Represented a major bond insurer in the chapter 9 case of Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Represented the court-appointed Examiner, Arthur J. Gonzalez, in investigation of claims in the Residential Capitals, LLC chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Tribune Company, et al.
- Represented the Australian liquidators of the A.B.C. Learning Centres companies in their ancillary cases under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code and related appeals.
Rankings and recognitions
- New York Metro Rising Star, Bankruptcy, Thomson Reuters, 2016 - 2017
- "Learning the Lessons of Chapter 9," The Bond Buyer, September 14, 2015
- "Federal Court Strikes Down Puerto Rico’s Recovery Act as Unconstitutional," Client Alert, February 11, 2015
- "Puerto Rico Claims Authority to Nonconsensually Restructure Public Corporation Debt," Client Alert, July 7, 2014
- Co-author, "Important 2011 Rulings of Foreign Proceedings," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2012
- Co-author, "Key 2011 Decisions on Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Issues," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2012
- "Has Stern v. Marshall Opened a Jurisdictional Dispute Floodgate," International Restructuring NewsWire, October 2011
- "Dodd-Frank’s Liquidation Scheme: Basics for Bankruptcy Practitioners," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July/August 2011
- "The Gifting Doctrine Post-DBSD North Am., Inc.," International Restructuring NewsWire, May 2011
- "SCOPAC: New Opportunities for Secured Creditors in Sales of Bankrupt Companies through Chapter 11 Plans," International Restructuring NewsWire, February 2011
- "Litigating Valuation Disputes: A Primer on Preparing Expert Witnesses for Contested Valuations," ABI - Second Annual Mid-Level Professional Development Program, October 2010
- Co-author, "Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Issues: Settlements, Releases, Gifting and Death Traps," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, October 2010
- "Restructuring a Municipality under Chapter 9," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, August 2010
- Co-author, "Introduction to Recognition Under Chapter 15," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, June 2010
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code: Opportunities and Challenges for Off-Shore Insolvency Professionals," Hamilton, Bermuda, April 20, 2017
- "Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) Webinar," New York, NY, July 12, 2016
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code - A Powerful Tool for Off-Shore Practitioners," Tortola, BVI, March 23, 2016
- "Puerto Rico's New Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act -- Restructuring Legislation for Commonwealth Instrumentalities Webinar," New York, New York, July 28, 2014
Join us as we discuss the new Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (“PROMESA”) enacted by Congress to address Puerto Rico's US$70 billion debt crisis and the role of the Ov....
July 12, 2016
The Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group held a special program in the British Virgin Islands to discuss with off-shore insolvency and restructuring professionals how they can use Chapter ....
March 23, 2016
The US 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals issued its long-awaited decision in Momentive.
March 15, 2018
More than 200 US oil and gas exploration and production companies carrying more than $100 billion in debt have filed for bankruptcy since late 2015....
April 06, 2017
Norton Rose Fulbright promoted 10 lawyers to partner in the United States.
January 08, 2018
Chadbourne & Parke LLP is advising NextEra Energy, one of the largest electric power companies in North America, in its planned acquisition of Energy Future Holdings (EFH) and EFH’s stake in O....
February 21, 2017