Micaela has more than fifteen years of experience working in finance and projects practice groups, representing project developers and lenders (commercial banks, multilateral agencies, export credit agencies, and development banks), in domestic and cross-border transactions, in the energy, power, and infrastructure industries.
LLM, Columbia University, 2003
JD, summa cum laude, Universidad de Lima, 1998
- Legal director for the construction consortium responsible for the EPC of a petrochemical project located in Veracruz, Mexico, consisting of an ethylene cracker, two high-density polyethylene plants, and one low-density plant; represented a US federal agency in its proposed financing to a US company producing energy efficient commercial and residential glass
- Represented a leading US independent power producer in all contractual arrangements for the development of a thermal fly ash beneficiation facility located in Maryland
- Represented a US financial institution in the financing of several ethanol production facilities throughout the United States
- Represented development banks and export credit agencies in financings in Chile, Mexico, Uruguay, Israel, Venezuela, and Bolivia.
- District of Columbia Special Legal Consultant
- New York State Bar
- Peru Bar
Memberships and activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section