Matthew Hodkin is a tax lawyer based in London. He advises on corporate and international tax matters, with particular focus on transactions in the energy, infrastructure and transport sectors. He trained at the practice and became a partner in 2007.
Matthew Hodkin is known to be a "very good and very commercial" practitioner (Chambers UK 2016), and he has built a strong reputation for his experience in the renewable energy sector. He recently advised GyM on the sale of its transmission assets to a consortium formed by Balfour Beatty and Equitix.
- Advising on the establishment of funds and joint ventures aimed at enabling investors to participate in renewable energy, aviation and shipping transactions;
- Advising on the structuring, acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses in the UK renewable energy market;
- Advising on the structuring and negotiation of leasing transactions in the aviation, rail and shipping markets;
- Advising on debt capital markets and securitisation structures;
- Advising Endeavor Energy as sponsor to Amandi Energy Limited on the US$552 million Amandi Energy Power Plant. Ledy by Arum Velusami and Jason Moss - Infrastructure Journal Global Awards - African Power Deal of the Year: Amandi.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Our 2018 client webinar series looks at the key changes ahead for the banking and finance industry, from Brexit to blockchain..
We are pleased to invite you to our annual Aviation Summit at our Munich office..
September 16, 2016
It is now two years since diverted profits tax (DPT) was introduced. Up to now, there has been uneven engagement by both taxpayers and HMRC. This is changing. HMRC have started to issue protective payment notices..
June 30, 2017
The UK has a new regime which imposes a restriction on UK corporation tax relief for funding costs. .
June 30, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised the UK Green Investment Bank, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, Siemens Bank and KFW on the refinancing of the facilities put in place by Dutch pension fund PGGM and Ampere Equity Fund in 2012.
December 16, 2016
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Hermes GPE LLP (Hermes) in connection with the acquisition of a 17.1% ownership stake in Southern Water by its clients..
June 10, 2016