Patrick Galizia practises employment and labour law. He advises employers on collective and individual labour relations, with particular emphasis on labour standards, individual actions, grievance arbitration, certification, drafting of employment contracts and internal corporate policies, directors’ liability to employees, dismissals, protection of personal information, discrimination and human rights in the workplace, harassment, health & safety and industrial accidents.
Mr. Galizia regularly acts on behalf of employers before the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Commission des relations du travail (Quebec labour relations board), grievance arbitrators, the civil courts, the Commission d’accès à l’information (Quebec access to information commission), the Tribunal des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (Quebec human and youth rights tribunal) and the Commission des lésions professionnelles (Quebec employment injury board).
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1999
Rankings and recognitions
- Acritas StarsTM 2018 – Designated as a "Star" lawyer by a panel of over 4,300 clients
- Client Choice Awards, 2016 - Employment & Benefits, Montréal
- Client Choice, USA & Canada 2014: Individual Winner for Employment & Labour, Quebec and Canada
- Client Choice, USA & Canada 2013: Individual Winner for Employment & Labour, Quebec
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Grunt Club Inc.
- Association québécoise de l’industrie de la sécurité
- Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada
This year, Canada’s federal government laid out plans to legalize the sale of adult use cannabis..
April 19, 2018
After a few politicians at the federal and provincial levels recently stepped down because of sexual misconduct allegations, debates surrounding Bill C-65 were engaged in late January in the House of Commons..
February 02, 2018
Lawyers from eight of our worldwide offices were recipients of the 2016 Client Choice Award, as selected by the International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology..
February 19, 2016
On February 17, Client Choice distinguished four Norton Rose Fulbright partners as Canadian recipients of the 2016 awards. .
February 17, 2016