Adam has handled a variety of complex, commercial disputes for businesses across several industries in both state and federal court, as well as before arbitration panels. Adam's practice includes commercial litigation in the manufacturing, insurance and health care sectors. He handles matters on both sides of the docket, aggressively prosecuting and defending commercial claims across multiple jurisdictions.
Adam has extensive experience handling class actions in state and federal court in Texas and across the country. He has defended many class claims brought against insurance companies for coverage issues and claims adjustment practices. Adam's class action work includes state and federal statutory and regulatory matters. He also has significant experience with multidistrict litigation matters.
Additionally, Adam is experienced in e-discovery matters for cases of all sizes. He has handled the production of electronic information from typical computer systems as well as legacy systems and is familiar with all aspects of e-discovery, including data gathering, processing and production.
2001 - J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law
1998 - B.A., summa cum laude with university honors in Political Science, American University
Adam was admitted to practice law in Texas in 2001. While in law school, he was honored as a member of Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Texas Law Review.
- Nationwide and statewide class actions
- Multidistrict litigation
- Complex contract disputes
- Copyright and trade secret litigation
- Director and officer breach of duty claims
- Insurance coverage and commercial indemnity matters
- Product liability and tort claims
Memberships & Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section
- Appellate Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Treasurer (2016)
- Board of Directors (2013-2016)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- President (2012)
- Board of Directors (2007 - 2013)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Zach Theatre
- Board of Trustees (2013 - 2016)
- Development Committee, Chair (2015-16)
Rankings and recognitions
- Under 40 Hot List, Benchmark Litigation, Euromoney PLC, 2016
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2008 - 2016
- Outstanding Committee Chair, Austin Bar Association
- Outstanding Alumnus Award, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2014
- President's Award of Merit, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2013
- Outstanding Director, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2008
- "Ethically Speaking, They Had It Coming," Austin Bar Association Bench Bar, 2015
- "Litigation Ethics 101," 38th Annual Page Keeton Civil Litigation Conference, 2014
- "E-Discovery Update," Austin Litigation School for Corporate Counsel, 2014
- "How to Avoid the Dreaded In-House Deposition," Association of Corporate Counsel, Austin Chapter, 2013
- "Third Party Discovery in Texas Arbitrations," 36th Annual Page Keeton Civil Litigation Conference, 2012
- "Avoiding In-House Liability," Cutting Edge CLE Series, 2012
- "Mastering Discovery Conferences," Office of the Attorney General, 2012
- "The Polished Brief," Fulbright CLE Series, 2012
- "Crafting the E-Discovery Plan," 35th Annual Page Keeton Civil Litigation Conference, 2011
- "Bad Lawyering Caught on Tape," Ethics CLE Panelist, State Bar of Texas and Office of the Attorney General, 2011
- "The New Amendments to the Federal Rules (E-Discovery)," Austin Bar Association, 2007
- "Winning Isn't Everything, Litigation Ethics at Deposition and Trial," Texas Bar Journal, October 2015
- "Gelboim Does Little To Limit MDL Court Appeals Discretion," Law360 Expert Analysis, January 22, 2015
- "Ins and Outs of Nonparty Discovery in Texas Arbitration," Law360 Expert Analysis, March 22, 2013
- Co-author, "Stay Ahead of the Curve in Global Disputes. Download the 2011 International Arbitration Report, Issue 2.," The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski - International Arbitration, September 29, 2011
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Gives Failed Class Actions Second Chance in State Court," Fulbright Alert, June 17, 2011
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Upholds Class Arbitration Waivers," Fulbright Alert, April 27, 2011
- Co-author, "2011 International Arbitration Report, Issue 1," The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski, April 14, 2011
- "Fifth Circuit Narrowly Construes 'Business Risk' Exclusions in CGL Policies," Fulbright Briefing, February 2, 2009
- "Texas Supreme Court Rules Homebuilder Sued for Construction Defects Entitled to Defense Under CGL Policy," Fulbright Briefing, September 7, 2007
- Co-author, "Texas Supreme Court Refuses to Consider Insured's;Stipulation Obviating Coverage in Duty to Defend Case," Fulbright Alert, July 2006
Fulbright's 2011 International Arbitration Report, Issue 2 not only brings you up-to-date on where major issues now stand, it also gives you an i....
September 29, 2011
On June 16, 2011, the United States Supreme Court held in Smith v. Bayer Corp., No. 09-1205, 564 U.S. ___ (2011), that federal courts cannot enjoin stat....
June 17, 2011
Benchmark Litigation has named five Texas partners to its inaugural Under 40 Hot List..
August 10, 2016
For the third consecutive year, Fulbright has been named Pro Bono Firm of the Year by American Gateways. The award was presented at the organization's 6th Annual....
May 20, 2013