Our lawyers have compiled an outstanding record lobbying federal government entities including the US Congress and the executive branch on behalf of clients. We have a high win-loss ratio on matters before Congress and federal agencies – part of the reason for our unusual track record is that we are selective about the matters we agree to take on: we lobby only two to three issues each year.
"Able to call on a global network of offices to assist on multijurisdictional deals." Chambers USA, 2018
We use lawyers to lobby, not full-time lobbyists, and we typically lobby in the same substantive areas in which our lawyers are handling transactions. This gives us an edge in competing for the attention of busy government officials because we bring a thorough technical knowledge of the issues to the table. It also gives us the ability to react quickly when legislation is being drafted or an administrative rule is being written.
In the US, we have maintained a Washington, DC office for nearly 90 years, making ours one of the oldest branch offices of any out-of-town firm in Washington. Our lobbying practice is further bolstered by the deep experience of our lawyers, many of whom have held key government positions.
Our areas of work include
- Bid protests
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Energy, including power and transmission
- Environmental law
- Financial institutions
- Intellectual property
- Public and administrative law
- Regulation and investigations
Awards and accolades
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Projects: LNG (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Projects: Oil & Gas, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Projects: Power, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Projects: PPP, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 US, Finance: Project Finance (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2018