Warren J. Nimetz
Office Administrative Partner, New York
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Warren J. NimetzvCard
Related services and key industries
- Corporate governance
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Private equity and venture capital
A partner since 1987, Warren Nimetz is Administrative Partner of the New York office. He focuses his practice on general corporate and securities law, with special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies including tender offers, leveraged and other buyouts, private equity investments, joint ventures and related corporate governance issues. He also has substantial experience with all types of financing transactions, including public offerings, private placements and bank and other institutional lending and structured finance. He has special expertise in structuring and negotiating transactions involving the acquisition, financing and disposition of hospital and other health care and life science companies and properties.
JD, magna cum laude,(first in his class), St. John's University, 1979
BA, magna cum laude, Queens College of the City University of New York, 1976
Mr. Nimetz was admitted to practice law in New York in 1980.
- New York State Bar
Warren's representative transactional experience includes advising on the following:
- Milford Hospital in Connecticut on the acquisition of substantially all its assets by nearby Bridgeport Hospital, an affiliate of the Yale New Haven Health System.
- Medidata, a market-leading clinical cloud solutions company, during its merger with French software company Dassault Systèmes in a deal worth $5.8 billion on an enterprise value basis.
- Private equity firm in the proposed purchase of a major academic medical center and the support of its programs in research, clinical, medical education and physician practices.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), a new non-profit tax exempt organization formed in connection with the spin-off by Vanderbilt University of its hospitals and remaining health care operations and activities from ownership and control by the University to this new independent but closely affiliated entity. In the transaction, the University transferred ownership and control of various assets and operations to VUMC, but simultaneously put in place a long-term lease of property, academic affiliation, and services relationship with VUMC. We represented VUMC in connection with the financing, transfer of assets, leases, and long-term contractual arrangements with the University.
- University of Arizona Health Network, a major teaching hospital for the University of Arizona, in its merger with Banner Health, with a transaction value of approximately $1 billion. The matter was the featured cover story for Modern Healthcare magazine.
- DuPage Medical Group (DMG), the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, in a strategic partnership with private equity firm Summit Partners in a $250 million investment. The deal was reached after a long auction process in which over ten potential bidders participated. The investment by Summit Partners allowed DMG physicians to retain majority ownership, a very unique structure in the healthcare field. We continue to advise DMG on physician practice acquisitions.
- New York State Catholic Health Plan, Inc. d/b/a Fidelis Care New York ("Fidelis") on the sale of its entire universe of health insurance business lines to Centene Corporation, which is the largest provider of government-sponsored health insurance in the country, for $4.5 billion.
- Baptist St. Anthony's Health System in Amarillo, Texas, in its affiliation with Ardent Health Services.
- Good Shepherd Health System on the sale of all of its campuses and freestanding locations to CHRISTUS.
- A medical device company in the merger of a two multi-jurisdictional US based medical device manufacturers.
- A public medical device company in the merger with another public medical device company.
- DERU GmbH and Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG of Hamburg, Germany on the sale of The Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement system, known as the 'S.T.A.R.® Ankle', and certain assets related to the S.T.A.R. Ankle to Small Bone Innovations, Inc., a single-source provider of innovation, products, technology and education for the small bone & joint sector of the orthopedics industry (now owned by Stryker).
- Purchase/Joint Venture of George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D. C.
- Sale/Joint Venture of Baptist St. Anthony's Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Purchase of Medcath McAllen, McAllen, Texas
- Purchase of McAllen Methodist Hospital, McAllen, Texas
- Purchase of Laredo Medical Center, Laredo, Texas
- Purchase of Northwest Texas Health System, Amarillo, Texas
- Purchase of Texoma Healthcare System, Dennison, Texas
- Purchase of Vista Hospital System, California
- Sale of French Hospital Medical Center, San Luis Obispo, California
- Sale of Arroyo Grande Hospital, Arroyo Grande, California
- Purchase of Lancaster Community Hospital, Lancaster, California
- Purchase of Rancho Springs Medical Center, Rancho Springs, California
- Sale of Auburn Regional Medical Center, Auburn, Washington
- Purchase of Hospital San Pablo, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Sale of Hospital San Pablo, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Purchase of San Juan Capistrano Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Purchase of St. Mary's Hospital, Enid, Oklahoma
- Sale of River Parishes Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Purchase/Joint Venture of Pendleton Methodist Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Purchase of Lakeland Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Sale of Central Montgomery Medical Center, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
- Purchase of North Penn Hospital, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019 - 2021
- Best Lawyers - Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
- New York's Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- Legal 500 US: Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts: M&A: National Firms – Middle-Market, The Legal 500, 2008
- Who's Who in American Law
- New York Metro Super Lawyer - business and corporate, Thomson Reuters, 2007-2009, 2013-2014
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York