Julie Goodrich Harrison
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Julie Goodrich HarrisonvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Julie joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016. As a Senior Associate in the Houston office, she focuses her practice on financial restructuring and insolvency matters, including complex commercial bankruptcy cases. Prior to joining the firm, Julie spent two years clerking for the Honorable Marcia A. Crone, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas.
Some examples of Julie's prior experience include:
- Counsel to an ad hoc committee of senior unsecured creditors holding, controlling, or otherwise having discretionary authority over the disposition of certain unsecured indebtedness totaling approximately $1.46 billion in connection with a publicly-traded, independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company headquartered in Houston
- Debtor's counsel to a publicly traded patient-centered healthcare organization that includes fully operational hospitals and freestanding emergency rooms in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas.
- Debtor's counsel to a Texas hospital district in its chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to numerous parties in preference and fraudulent transfer actions throughout the United States.
JD, magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2014
BA, honors, Mathematics, Rice University, 2010
While in law school, Julie was a member and Associate Editor of the Houston Law Review. During her first summer, she interned for the Honorable Gray Miller, United States District Judge of the Southern District of Texas, and the Honorable Jennifer Walker Elrod, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. In her second year of law school, she authored summaries for the ABA Media Alerts on Federal Courts of Appeals Project for the Fifth Circuit. In her third year of law school, she studied in London at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies.
- Texas State Bar
- Pro Bono All Star, Norton Rose Fulbright, 2018
- Comment, Driving Miss Daisy: An Autonomous Chauffeur System, 51 Hous. L. Rev. 265, 2013
- Junior League of Houston
- State Bar of Texas Jury Service Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program, providing representation to pro bono clients.
- Chair of Houston Network of International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) (2018, 2019)
Publication | April 2019
Publication | March 16, 2018