George E. Pataki
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
George E. PatakivCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Governor George Pataki’s practice focuses on energy, environmental and corporate matters. Prior to joining the firm, he served three terms as the 53rd governor of New York state, from 1995 through 2006. First elected in 1994, he won re-election in 1998 and 2002.
Governor Pataki brings to the firm broad experience in law and public service. He was a partner in the New York law firm of Plunkett & Jaffe until 1987. He was elected mayor of Peekskill, New York in 1981, and served in the New York State Legislature as an assemblyman and then a senator from 1985 to 1994, before becoming governor.
During his tenure as New York’s chief executive, Governor Pataki advanced award-winning, cutting-edge policies in the renewable energy and environmental fields. His initiatives included the protection of over one million acres of open space, the adoption of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, the implementation of the nation’s first green building tax credit, landmark brownfield legislation and programs to enhance the production and use of alternative energy like biodiesel, ethanol, fuel cells and clean coal.
JD, Editor, Columbia Law Review, Columbia Law School, 1970
BA, Yale University, 1967
- New York State Bar
- Named one of the top 20 “Individuals who stand out for their efforts to cut gases that cause global warming” in the world, BusinessWeek, 2005
- Referred to as a governor who “gets it” in its “Green Issue” for his efforts concerning the environment, Vanity Fair, 2006
- "In Sandy's Wake, Time to Upgrade the Power Grid," The Wall Street Journal, November 26, 2012
- "Demand-Side Energy Management in the United States - What it means for the German Smart Grid and its Energy Economy," German American Chamber of Commerce, Vol 3, 2012
- "Renewable Energy Opportunities in Turkey," Anadolu Agency, April 12, 2010
- "Renewable Energy Incentives," BritishAmerican Business, October 22, 2009
- "Turkey Infrastructure and Energy Finance Seminar," London, May 29, 2014
- "Renewable Energy Opportunities in Turkey," New York, NY, April 6, 2010
- "Infra-Americas U.S. Toll Road Preview: Opportunities for Infrastructure Investors 2009," New York, NY, September 29, 2009
- "The 'Ins' and 'Outs' of Contractual Performance in Today's Economy," New York, New York, May 19, 2009
- "Smart Grid: Vision and Strategy for the Modernization of the Nation’s Electricity Network," New York, NY, April 22, 2009
- "Effective Waste Management and Recycling and Use of Innovative Technologies," St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- "Green Business Summit II - Assessing the Risks and Opportunities in Renewable Energy in the New Economic Climate," New York, NY, October 17, 2008
- "Green Business Summit," New York, NY, June 18, 2008
- "Reception for Gov. George Pataki and John Cahill," New York, NY, November 14, 2007
- "The Coming Wave . . . What the Turmoil in the Credit Markets Means — and What to Expect in 2008," New York, NY, October 24, 2007
- "Chadbourne Coal-to-Liquids Conference," New York, NY, October 9, 2007
- "Overcoming Political Hurdles to Match Private Capital with the U.S. Transportation Funding Deficit," U.S. P3 Infrastructure Finance Forum 2007, New York, NY, June 21-22, 2007
- "Opportunities for North America in the World Carbon Market," Carbon Finance & Investment Summit, New York, NY, May 22, 2007
Behind the headlines: Join former NY Governor George Pataki and panel for discussion on US-Turkey relations.
Webinar | June 04, 2020
Webinar | March 31, 2020