Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Christopher Psihoules is a member of the Projects practice. His practice focuses on matters involving renewable natural gas, natural gas, oil, LNG and electric projects. He advises on regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Christopher also litigates and resolves contested rate filings and complaint proceedings arising under the Federal Power Act and the Natural Gas Act.
Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Chris was a Trial Attorney in FERC's Office of Administrative Litigation. There he represented FERC trial staff in contested cases involving the rates and practices of electric transmission and generation owners, natural gas pipelines, and oil and refined products pipelines.
Prior to FERC, Chris served as a Deputy Attorney General in the New Jersey Attorney General's Office, Division of Law, for three years. There he advised and litigated on behalf of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
Chris clerked for the Honorable Harry G. Carroll, during his assignment to the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division for the 2012-2013 term.
Admitted only in New York and New Jersey; Practice supervised by principals of the firm licensed to practice in DC.
JD, cum laude, Pace University School of Law, 2012
BS, cum laude, University of Scranton, 2009
During law school, Christopher was the Co-Founder/Managing Editor for the Pace Intellectual Property, Sports & Entertainment Law Forum and the Founder of the Pace Exposition on Intellectual Property, Sports & Entertainment Law.
Christopher is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and the District of Columbia Circuit Court.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Advising Project Co in negotiating agreements providing, among other things, capture, reconditioning and transportation of RNG.
- Representing intervening party in RNG specification proceeding at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Advised the lead arranger in connection with the construction and term financing of the 336-MW gas-fired Generating Station in Galveston, Texas.
- Advised interstate and intrastate natural gas pipelines in their day-to-day matters in compliance with their tariffs and the FERC rules and orders and in their formulation of pipeline expansions leading up to filings for certificates from the FERC.
- Advised several interstate and intrastate gas pipeline companies in their rate cases and tariff filings before the FERC.
- Advised interstate pipeline company before the FERC in a dispute with its customers over abandonment of the pipeline's aging system and in new pipeline filings for a construction and operation certificate.
- Acted as lead counsel on complex settlement negotiations between public utilities and intervening parties to determine fair and reasonable transmission rates.
- Served as lead counsel in a litigated electric utility stated-rate case.
- Successfully negotiated settlements for oil, gas, and electric utilities, including the resolution of a multi-billion dollar oil pipe line contract dispute.
- Directed and advised subject-matter experts to advance economic principles and regulatory policies that are consistent with FERC precedent.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Energy Law, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Co-author, "Investing in renewable fuel projects," Project Finance NewsWire, December 8, 2020