Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Claire Forster is a competition, consumer and regulatory lawyer based in Sydney.
She acts in matters covering all aspects of competition/antitrust law including cartels, joint ventures and other collaborations amongst competitors. Holding a masters degree in competition law, Claire also works on strategic merger and market dominance issues in concentrated and monopoly sectors.
Claire is accustomed to dealing with regulators (including the ACCC, AER and state-based fair trading offices and energy regulators). Her strong advocacy and solutions-based approach has led to great outcomes for clients in adversarial and cooperative contexts across cartels, mergers, exclusive dealing, joint ventures, consumer law and energy. She has worked on numerous regulatory investigations and cases, advised on and obtained merger clearances for domestic and cross-border transactions, and secured authorisations from the ACCC.
In the Legal 500, she previously has been recognised as a Next Generation Competition and Trade lawyer and is a recognised Energy and Regulations lawyer.
Having a particular focus in the energy industry, Claire advises at all levels of the energy supply chain (including generators, transmission and distribution network operators, retailers and governments). She again works closely on the regulatory frontier with the AER, AEMO and state-based regulators across traditional utilities, renewables and emerging technologies.
- Master of Laws (Competition Law focus), University of Melbourne, (2013)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing), University of New South Wales, (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales, (2005)
- High Court of Australia 2007
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2006
- Recognised as an Energy and Regulation Lawyer, Legal 500 (2020)
- Recognised as Next Generation Competition and Trade Lawyer, Legal 500 (2017)
- Special Counsel of the Year; Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards (2015)
Publication | June 15, 2020
Publication | June 05, 2020
Publication | June 01, 2020
Publication | May 14, 2020