Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Laura Britton is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Brisbane.
Laura's experience includes assisting with regulatory investigations, class/representative action proceedings and commercial ligation involving contractual and tortious disputes. Laura also has experience in a variety of construction matters, including licensing, Security of Payment and Tribunal disputes.
Laura enjoys collaborating to achieve client outcomes.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Bond University (2016)
- Bachelor of Laws, Bond University (2016)
- Bachelor of Finance (Commerce), Bond University (2016)
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2017
- High Court of Australia 2019
Litigation and dispute resolution
- Qantas Airways Limited - acting in proceedings commenced against its facilities maintenance provider, Jones Lang LaSalle (and others) regarding the release of 33,000L of firefighting foam at Brisbane Airport. The claim is for ~$53 million.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission - assisting with confidential investigations and advice.
- Assisting with representing small businesses in disputes with consumers and suppliers.
- Inquest into the death of a Manus Island detainee - assisting with representing an interested party.
Construction and engineering
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission - carriage of numerous external review matters, including preparing submissions and advice and appearing in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Assisting with the preparation of a licensing dispute arising out of the changes to the Minimum Financial Requirements.
- Assisting with contractual disputes relating to Security of Payment legislation.
- Assisting with plaintiff's claim in the Queensland 2011 Floods Class Action, including assisting with a multi-million dollar sample group member loss assessment.
- Assisting with preliminary investigations for the Woolworths Class Action which related to alleged breaches of continuous disclosure obligations and allegations of misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Assisting with preparing evidence for the Montara Oil Spill Class Action, which related to the uncontrolled release of oil from the Montara Wellhead Platform located west of Darwin.
- Queensland Law Society