Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Sasha is a senior associate in our Projects & Construction team, with particular experience in building and infrastructure projects, and energy and resources projects.
Sasha's experience includes front-end procurement, contract management during project delivery, and dispute management and representation in both domestic and international projects. Sasha also provides advice on project insurance policies, professional indemnity and construction related insurance.
Sasha acts for government departments, employers, contractors and professionals in the construction industry on bespoke contracts, and various standard form contracts, namely the Australian Standards, NEC, FIDIC and JBCC.
- Higher Diploma in Law - University of Sydney
- Construction Law Summer School – University of Cambridge
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) - University of Cape Town
- Bachelor of Arts - University of Cape Town
- Providing advice to Metropolitan Waste & Resource Recovery Group in regard to the significant waste to energy projects for 60 tenderer submissions.
- Providing advice on commercial and construction pre- and post-contract execution for large multi-national contractor.
- Advising Department of Health and Human Services during the delivery of housing construction projects, specifically in relation to bank guarantee arrangements.
- Providing advice to state government and councils in respect of the NEC4 standard form of contract.
- Providing advice to a zinc infrastructure plant in respect of a bespoke mining contract in Tasmania.
- Providing advice to WaterNSW in respect of the legal liabilities involved in an ongoing dam upgrade project.
- Acting on behalf of and providing advice to the Contractor for the design, construction and refurbishment of a new airport in South Africa.
- Part of the team appointed to provide legal advice the NEC suite of contracts on a renewable energy project relating to wind power in South Africa.
- Acting on behalf of and providing advice to an Employer in respect of an EPC Contractor for the design and construction of a zinc infrastructure plant and defending numerous claims made by the EPC Contractor.
- Providing advice on resolution of a payment dispute relating to a power plant in Mozambique and advising in respect of performance and retention guarantees.
- Acting in team assisting a Dutch based corporation in various disputes arising from the construction of a cold storage facility in Melbourne.
- Acting in an ICC arbitration relating to various disputes regarding timebars, delays, variations, cost overruns, liquidated damages in respect of the N3 Interchange Bridge in Durban, South Africa.
- Acting in large arbitrations relating to the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth stadiums.
- Representing and advising the South African national electricity regulator in various disputes arising from the construction of a power station in South Africa's Kwa-Zulu Natal province.
- Acting for an engineer in an arbitration relating to a structural damage to a hotel in Namibia
- Acting in a large arbitration representing the quantity surveyor involving cost overruns and variations for the One and Only Hotel in Cape Town.
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- National Women's Association in Construction Law
- Law Institute of Victoria – Young Lawyers Association