Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Hoory Yeldizian is a litigation and commercial dispute resolution lawyer with an interest in ethical business. This includes human rights law, modern slavery risk assessment, anti-corruption/bribery and regulatory investigations in the public and private financial services sector.
- Human Rights and Social Entrepreneurship Internship; Geneva Global Human Rights Clinic
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (University of Waikato)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2018
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand 2014
- Financial services company – Acting for a major financial services ASX listed company in advising on corporate criminal liability for historical financial services practices allegedly contrary to the Corporations Act;
- Financial services company – Acting for a major financial services ASX listed company for regulatory investigations, responding to ASIC and APRA and other major investigations;
- Major banking and financial institution – Acting as legal counsel on secondment facilitating regulatory engagement and advising on legal risks in regulatory responses; project management of APRA and ASIC notices to produce and respond regarding practices and systems;
- Multinational bank – Acting for a multinational Bank on multiple class action litigation in New South Wales and Victoria jurisdictions;
- Multinational construction company – Acting for a multinational construction company in a class action litigation concerning alleged shareholder loss;
- Dairy company – Acting as junior counsel in a successful arbitration proceeding for a notable New Zealand dairy company concerning breach of contract and minimum volume purchasing;
- Broadcasting company – Assisting with various breach of the Fair Trading Act matters against suppliers of pre-loaded media players;
- International Fruit Manufacturers – Assisting with the investigation undertaken by the Serious Fraud Office of New Zealand into historic fraudulent invoices to customs and import practices in China; and
- International Fruit Manufacturers – Assisting Zespri International Limited in the defence of a civil claim brought by its Chinese importers arising from customs charges and import practices in China.
- Awarded Bryant Hall Academic Scholarship Award
- Authored and published the Mental Wellness Guide Book for New Zealand Law Students.
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society
- Chairperson of the Armenian National Committee of New Zealand