Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Nick Sutton is an Accredited Specialist environment and planning lawyer based in Melbourne.
He advises global and domestic corporate and government clients on major projects, along with obtaining planning and environment approvals for the development of Australian cities and regions.
Nick has a focus on major projects, planning approvals, planning scheme amendments, land acquisition and compensation, various complex planning and environment related issues, and associated dispute resolution. He is often sought to advise on strategy from the outset of projects and matters.
Dually qualified in both law and town planning, Nick can work seamlessly with diverse project teams and experts, from inception through to completion.
Nick regularly instructs counsel across the Victorian planning and environment jurisdiction, as well as appearing on behalf of clients before the Planning and Environment List of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Planning Panels Victoria and Advisory Committees.
Nick is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Environmental, Planning and Local Government Law, and currently the Co-Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria Property and Environmental Law Section Planning and Local Government Committee.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction, The Australian National University (2014)
- Juris Doctor with Distinction, RMIT University (2013)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Planning, University of Melbourne (2006)
- Bachelor of Planning and Design, University of Melbourne (2005)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2014
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Environmental, Planning and Local Government Law
- Chair, Law Institute of Victoria Planning & Environment Updates & Insights (2020)
- Member and Co-Chair of the Property and Environmental Law Section Planning and Local Government Committee, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association