Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Katrina Tang is a commercial lawyer in the Government team based in Canberra.
Prior to her current role, Katrina was a lawyer in the corporate and dispute resolution teams, working across a range of industries including healthcare, hospitality and technology. Katrina has advised clients in relation to corporate restructures, commercial transactions, intellectual property rights, and acted in civil and commercial disputes. Katrina takes a pragmatic approach to her role and is committed to providing effective commercial solutions for clients.
Katrina has previously worked on a number of projects across multiple departments as a management consultant with a focus on business process re-engineering, and risk and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Australian National University (2019)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance), Australian National University (2019)
- Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory 2021
Corporate and commercial
Katrina's previous experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer includes:
- Commercial transactions - on the sale of businesses and sale of shares, from preparation of the sale deed to completion.
- Merger - on the merger of an Australian cyber security organisation with another emerging technologies company.
- Intellectual property - on intellectual property licences and trade marks for companies.
- Privacy - on compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- General corporate and commercial advice - on directors' and officers' risks and liabilities, and shareholder arrangements.
Katrina was previously a litigation lawyer with carriage over multiple matters including property, debt recovery and contractual disputes with proceedings in ACAT and the ACT Magistrates Court.