Michael Brendan McTaggart
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Michael Brendan McTaggartvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Michael McTaggart joined Norton Rose Fulbright as counsel in August 2012. Michael, a member of the disputes group, has substantial experience representing product and equipment manufacturers, retailers, and transportation companies in state and federal courts. Michael has managed multiple large trial dockets helping clients minimize their risks in complex litigation. Michael has successfully defended retailers, property owners, trucking companies and other clients in personal injury lawsuits in problematic venues with potentially high exposure for large damage awards. Michael advises transportation companies with respect to accident investigations to mitigate risks and preserve evidence necessary to defend potential litigation. Michael serves as a regional counsel for a large interstate trucking company. Michael has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation including discovery, motions practice, case evaluation, trial, and alternative dispute resolution. Michael's practice focuses on the defense of tort and personal injury claims, product liability, and transportation.
Michael is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Texas, Louisiana, Colorado and Arizona. Prior to joining, Michael spent 12 years in Houston defending product manufacturers and property owners in complex litigation matters in Texas and Louisiana. Michael also has substantial experience representing clients in employment and commercial litigation. Michael has tried multiple cases to verdict and successfully represented clients before government agencies.
JD, University of Denver College of Law, 1999
BBA, Financial Services, Baylor University, 1995
Michael is admitted to practice law in Texas, Louisiana and Colorado.
- Arizona State Bar
- Colorado State Bar
- Louisiana State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Regional Counsel for a national retailer defending complex product liability and personal injury cases
- Regional Counsel for interstate trucking company representing client in litigation and providing consultation in accident investigations
- Trial Counsel for product manufacturer obtaining directed verdict in a wrongful death case
- Trial Counsel for equipment manufacturers defending product liability lawsuits in Texas and Louisiana
- Led trial team which obtained favorable jury verdicts for construction company in commercial disputes
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
- State Bar of Colorado
- Houston Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
Michael helps raise money for The Sunshine Kids Foundation.