We are a preeminent franchising legal practice with lawyers who are recognized as being superior in industry and regulatory knowledge. With unrivaled experience handling major franchise transactions and market-leading disputes experience, our franchising lawyers have an extensive client base of more than 200 franchise systems.
“The firm offers…ongoing counsel in relation to upcoming legislation and the navigation of various regulatory issues surrounding franchising; expertise in contractual disputes and class action proceedings, acting for the franchisor.” Chambers Global, 2021
Our franchising lawyers advise domestic and multi-national corporates on the full spectrum of franchising legal matters including regulatory, strategy and government policy, contractual issues, M&A transactions, trademarks and brands, including portfolio management and enforcement, competition and consumer law, dispute resolution and litigation and other general commercial issues.
With comprehensive industry knowledge, our lawyers act for brands who seek an international perspective that our global footprint can provide, blending strategy and sector knowledge with legal input. Our clients’ industries span the entire retail and consumer product sector, from food and agribusiness to health and beauty, and from electronics and telecommunications to automotive and transport.
Our areas of work include
- Advertising and marketing
- Business models and distribution networks
- Commercial distribution systems
- Compliance issues, including enforcement of contracts and non-competition agreements
- Consumer protection legislation
- Employment and labor
- Franchise agreements and disclosure documentation
- Intellectual property, including trademarks and brands
- Licensing, reseller, agency and other distribution options
- Litigation and disputes, including construction and lease disputes, unpaid royalties and class actions
- Product warranties
- Retail and consumer markets
- Supplier and sourcing agreements
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Franchising, Chambers and Partners, 2021