Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Katey Fardelmann is an associate in the Regulation, Investigations, Securities and Compliance practice in the New York office. She joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2017 and focuses her practice on white-collar defense, regulatory enforcement, government investigations, internal corporate investigations, international trade and securities litigation. Katey represents corporations, financial institutions and individuals across a range of industries in international and domestic civil and criminal matters, including corruption and bribery allegations, money laundering, tax fraud, securities fraud, the Bank Secrecy Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), sanctions and export controls as well as civil securities enforcement and litigation. She has conducted domestic and international investigations, as well as developed corporate compliance programs.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
MA, Comparative and International Education, 2012
BA, International Relations and German, Lehigh University, 2010
In law school, Katey was an Articles Editor for the Georgetown University Journal of International Law. She received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers 2017 Student Advocacy Award for her work in Georgetown University's Clinic for International Women's Human Rights and completed Georgetown's Pro Bono Pledge.
Katey is admitted to practice in the State of New York, as well as the Southern and Eastern US District Courts of New York.
- New York State Bar
- Advised multi-national infrastructure development company on anti-corruption and corporate governance issues; designed corporate anti-corruption compliance program, including anti-corruption training for senior management and employees.
- Represented potential target of government investigation into FCPA violations by the Indian subsidiary of a United States construction company.
- Represented professional sports telecasting company in criminal lawsuit before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York related to criminal RICO, wire fraud and money laundering charges.
- Represented US public company in connection with Securities Exchange Commission investigations into fraudulent trading and market manipulation.
- Represented US public company in connection with shareholder class action suit.
- Represented international financial institution in connection with DOJ investigation in to tax evasion and related criminal activity.
- Advised clients regarding various issues related to U.S. economic and trade sanctions, export controls, CFIUS, and anti-money laundering laws, including conducting due diligence in connection with proposed business transactions.
- Co-author, "Ex-Bolivia Official's Plea Shows DOJ's Shifting FCPA Posture," Law360, November 29, 2022
- Co-author, "The US SEC's ESG task force strikes again with a US$4m settlement," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, November 2022
- Co-author, "Another sky-high settlement: Airline fined more than US$150m for FCPA violations," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, September 20, 2022
- Co-author, "Return of the monitorship: SEC and DOJ settle US$84M FCPA claims and impose monitorship on medical waste services company," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, April 28, 2022
- Co-author, "The US SEC kicks off the year with a FCPA settlement with a telecom giant," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, February 24, 2022
- Co-author, "Rare US FCPA advisory opinion sheds light on duress payments," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, February 11, 2022
- Co-author, "Year in review: 2021 White-collar criminal enforcement," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, January 27, 2022
- Co-author, "A direct line from Central America to the US DOJ: The Anticorruption Task Force establishes a tip line for the Northern Triangle," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, October 20, 2021
- Co-author, US Supreme Court clarifies standards for rebutting price impact in securities class actions," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, June 22, 2021
- Co-author, "New sanctions and export restrictions imposed targeting Burma," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, March 23, 2021
- Co-author, "Investigations update and horizon scan: March 2021," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, March 1, 2021
- Co-author, "A gift for this holiday season: "Confer in good faith," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, December 14, 2020
- Contributor, "Commercial division update: Reliance or inducement in pleading an unjust enrichment claim," New York Law Journal, October 15, 2020
- Contributor, "New US DOJ / SEC guidance on FCPA offers insight into regulators' expanded enforcement efforts," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, July 9, 2020
- Co-author, "Maintaining enforcement risk vigilance while pursuing pharma opportunities in China," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, April 20, 2020
- Co-author, "Airbus' Sky High Settlement – Focus on Global Reach and Collaboration in Anti-Corruption Prosecutions," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, February 13, 2020
- Co-author, "US Treasury issues final regulations to implement CFIUS' expanded jurisdiction under FIRRMA," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, January 17, 2020
- Co-author, "FCPA enforcers reach for the skies: Recent cases remind aviation industry that common airline perks can create significant exposure to FCPA violations," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, August 2019
- Contributor, "Commercial division update – Judicial approval of disclosure-only class action settlements," New York Law Journal, April 20, 2018
The US SEC’s ESG task force strikes again with a US$4m settlement
Publication | November 23, 2022
Sky-high settlement: Airline fined more than US$150m for FCPA violations
Publication | September 20, 2022
ESG: Key regulatory risks for financial services firms in the UK and US and how to manage them
Blog | July 14, 2022