Daryl L. Lansdale
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Daryl Lansdale is the former Managing Partner of our United States practice and currently leads our Austin and San Antonio M&A and Securities practice.
Daryl's practice is focused on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, and public company reporting and corporate governance matters. Daryl has extensive experience representing private equity firms and public companies in their acquisitions and divestitures, and issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings. He is also experienced in master limited partnerships, private equity fund formation, conducting internal investigations, and advising directors (and conflict committees) on corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues.
Daryl also serves as a strategic advisor to family and founder-owned businesses and family offices, assisting them with mergers and acquisitions, investing activities, succession planning and complex governance matters.
JD, Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1992
BBA, magna cum laude, The University of Texas, 1989
Daryl was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1992.
- Texas State Bar
Daryl's experience includes representation of the following:
- Advised BDT Capital in the acquisition of WhataBurger, a restaurant chain with 800+ units across 10 states with reported annual sales of more than $2 billion
- Advised Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE) in its $1.7 billion acquisition by Macquarie Group and LPL Financial, Inc.
- Advised O'Neil Capital Management in its $275 million sale of Investor's Business Daily (IBD) to News Corp.
- Advised a specialty lender on the acquisition of Punch Bowl Social in a 363 bankruptcy sale
- Clear Channel Communications in the divestiture of its U.S. television division (56 television stations) for $1.2 billion
- Clear Channel Outdoor (NYSE) in its $630 million carve-out initial public offering
- A publicly traded oil field service company and its board of directors in its $1 billion Chapter 11 restructuring
- A biotherapeutics wound care company in its $800 million sale to a global medical technology company
- Digital Defense, a SAAS cybersecurity, vulnerability management and threat assessment platform, in its sale to strategic purchaser.
- Clear Channel Communications (NYSE) in the $1.4 billion spin-off of Live Nation, its live entertainment business
- Biotech company in its venture capital financing, acquisitions, joint ventures, initial public offering and sale for $1 billion
- Leading provider of debt management and recovery solutions (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of a $1 billion publicly traded competitor
- Energy services company in its $300 million offering of high-yield notes and simultaneous tender for outstanding notes
- Pipeline and logistics master limited partnership in issuances of more than $1.5 billion of common units
- Venture backed medical device company in its sale to a publicly traded strategic buyer
- Drug development company in its $100 million sale to a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company
- One of the largest pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMO) in the United States in its sale to a private equity firm
- Refiner listed in the Fortune 50 in its $500 million acquisition of an ethanol producer through a Section 363 bankruptcy sale
- Master limited partnership in the sale of a pipeline system for $100 million
- International outdoor advertising company (NYSE) in its acquisition of an outdoor advertising business for approximately $250 million in cash and stock
- Domestic drilling company (NYSE) in its $100 million secondary offering and acquisition of an oil field services business for approximately $350 million in cash
- International telecommunications company listed in the Fortune 50 in connection with the acquisition of a customer contract center services business
- Independent refiner of petroleum products listed in the Fortune 50 in its issuance of notes
- $10 billion international cleaning and facilities maintenance firm in its U.S. platform acquisition
- Heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer (Nasdaq) in its $135 million secondary offering and simultaneous acquisition of a regional chain of truck dealerships
- Oil and gas exploration and production company (Nasdaq) in a $100 million cash and stock acquisition
- Special committee of a Nasdaq listed consumer online service provider in connection with its going private sale to an international telecommunications company
- Medical device company in its formation, venture capital financing and sale to a publicly traded company
- Independent refiner of petroleum products listed in the Fortune 200 in its Rule 144A offering of high-yield notes and numerous equity offerings
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America, Lawdragon, Inc., 2017, 2019 - 2021
- Acritas Star, Acritas, 2017 - 2020
- Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, 2007 - 2014
- Chambers USA, Texas: San Antonio & Surrounds, Corporate/M&A, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers USA, technology: Corporate & commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2013
- Texas Trailblazer, Texas Lawyer, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisition, Thomson Reuters, 2011 - 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m), The Legal 500, 2013 - 2017
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Technology: Transactions, The Legal 500, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2006 - 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Austin) Best Lawyers, 2021
- Who's Who in Energy, American City Business Journals, 2013 - 2016
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 - 2019
- "Qualified Legal Compliance Committees: A Useful Tool for Investigating Reports of Material Violations," Legal Update, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- "The Judicial and Regulatory Constriction of Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934," Notre Dame Law Review; reprinted in Corporate Practice Commentator
- "Standing Under Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act," Securities Regulation Law Journal
- "Regulation S and Rule 144A: Creating a Workable Fiction in an Expanding Global Securities Market," The International Lawyer
- "Strategies for Complying with Nasdaq's Continued Listing Standards in Troubled Times," Securities Regulation Law Journal
- TMI - The Episcopal School of Texas, Board Member
- The First Tee, Board Member
March 25, 2021
February 03, 2021
February 02, 2021