Leslie J. Schreyer
Head of Family Office Team, United States
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Leslie J. SchreyervCard
Leslie Schreyer has more than 35 years of experience in tax planning and tax controversies. He concentrates on international and domestic tax planning for multinational companies and high net worth families, including trust and estate planning.
Mr. Schreyer has significant experience in tax controversies, including federal, state and foreign tax audits, appeals within the Internal Revenue Service, and tax litigation. He has testified in courts in Australia and Jersey, Channel Islands, as an expert witness on US tax law. As Deputy International Tax Counsel to the US Treasury Department, Mr. Schreyer supervised the Reagan administration’s formulation of international tax policy, including legislation and regulations. He also led tax treaty negotiations for the US with numerous countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Australia and the People’s Republic of China.
LLM, New York University School of Law, 1977
LLB, Yale Law School, 1970
BA, Columbia University, Columbia College, 1967
- New York State Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019 - 2021
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer for domestic tax, The Legal 500, 2015
- Expert Guides, Tax, Legal Media Group, 2020
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, New York University, 1980-1987
- Consultant, American Law Institute Federal Income Tax Project, International Aspects of United States Income Taxation, 1983-1991
- Deputy International Tax Counsel, U.S. Treasury Department, 1981-1983
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Trustee, American Friends of the Victoria and Albert Museum, Inc.