Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Ray Muro is counsel in Norton Rose Fulbright's Los Angeles office. He has extensive experience representing corporate and individual clients in complex civil and class actions, pre-litigation disputes, and compliance issues. His practice has spanned across various business sectors, including the consumer products, entertainment, recreation, technology, fashion, healthcare, and transportation industries. Additionally, Ray has successfully argued in the California Courts of Appeal on multiple occasions, obtaining affirmance for each representative matter.
He previously served as a Legal Non-Commissioned Officer in a US Army Civil Affairs unit deployed in Iraq. In that capacity, Ray assisted and advised unit commanders on court-martial, non-judicial punishment, and other military justice matters, and managed over US$10 million in community reconstruction projects throughout Northern Iraq.
JD, Loyola Law School Los Angeles, 2008
BA, magna cum laude, Political Science, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, 2004
During law school, Ray was selected to participate in the Juvenile Justice Clinic as a certified law student, and at trial, he secured the complete dismissal of double felony charges against a juvenile defendant. During undergrad, he was a member of Golden Key International Honor Society and Pi Sigma Alpha.
- California State Bar
- Defense of state and federal consumer class actions involving CCPA, CLRA, CMIA, invasion of privacy, and unfair competition claims.
- Defense and advise of board members, including board disputes and alleged breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Trial prosecution of cross-claim for indemnification, including an award for full amount spent in settlement of underlying claim and attorneys' fees and costs.
- Trial defense of transportation company involving interstate highway incident.
- Obtaining writ of mandate directing trial court to grant summary judgment for client in a wrongful death products liability suit.