Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised on five transactions that IJGlobal recognized as “Americas Deal of the Year” in different categories at the IJGlobal Awards for the Americas. The awards were presented at a ceremony in New York on March 15, 2017.
Chadbourne advised on the following five deals that were selected for awards:
• North American Solar Deal of the Year: Emerald State Solar PV Portfolio – Advised lenders in the US$360.8 million financing for the development of PV solar generating facilities with a total capacity of 285MW in North Carolina.
• Latin American Solar Deal of the Year: El Pelícano Solar PV – Represented the lenders in connection with the US$199.5 million financing of the 100 MW El Pelícano solar project in Chile. El Pelícano will supply 42 percent of the electricity needed to power the Metro de Santiago, the subway system of Santiago.
• Latin American Power Deal of the Year: AES Colon CCGT Gas Terminal – Advised a group of lenders in a US$995 million financing of the construction of the 380 MW Colón combined-cycle power plant and LNG import terminal in Panama.
• North American Refinancing Deal of the Year: Sabine Pass & Creole Trail Pipeline Refinancing – Represented the lenders to Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. in the refinancing of approximately US$2.8 billion of senior secured credit facilities.
• North American Wind Deal of the Year: Bloom Wind Farm – Represented lenders in structuring and documenting a 10-year proxy revenue swap and associated price hedging arrangements for the Bloom Wind Farm, a 178 MW wind project in Kansas.
Research prepared by IJGlobal shows Chadbourne & Parke LLP to be one of the most frequently consulted law firms in the world for infrastructure and project finance transactions. According to the research, Chadbourne was in the top five law firms in North America by number of deals closed since January 2016. Some 93 lawyers work full time in the core project finance group, and another 40 are regularly engaged in energy transactions. Chadbourne was recently named a "Project Finance Group of the Year" by Law360, marking the third consecutive year that the group has received this honor.
Chadbourne has advised on energy and infrastructure transactions in more than 80 countries, with particular strength in the Americas and in emerging markets. The firm has been a leader and pioneer in Latin America for decades. Our dedicated multidisciplinary Latin America team has been privileged to work in virtually every country in Latin America across a broad array of disciplines, with particular strength in corporate, capital markets, and project finance transactions. Chadbourne is consistently ranked among the leading law firms practicing in Latin America by Chambers Latin America and The Legal 500 Latin America for its work across multiple practice areas.
About Chadbourne & Parke LLP
For more than a century, Chadbourne & Parke has counseled innovators around the world. We are a full-service law firm that leverages the extraordinary talent from our network of international offices to offer the highest caliber client service in more than 80 countries and across every region on the globe. Today, we are recognized internationally for our groundbreaking work in emerging economies and our deep experience in pharmaceutical collaboration transactions, energy and infrastructure, corporate and finance transactions, international disputes, and bankruptcy and financial restructuring.