Research prepared by IJGlobal shows Chadbourne & Parke LLP to have been one of the most active law firms in the world for project finance transactions in 2015. According to the research, Chadbourne ranked #1 in global oil and gas project financings and #1 overall for North America project finance, by total value of transactions. The firm showed particular strength in renewable energy projects with a #1 ranking in North America renewable projects and a #2 for renewable projects globally, both by transaction volume.
Highlights of the firm’s rankings appear below:
- #1 North America Project Finance Legal Adviser by value
- #1 North America Renewables Project Finance Legal Adviser by volume
- #1 Global Oil and Gas Project Finance Legal Adviser by value
- #2 Global Renewables Project Finance Legal Adviser by volume
- #2 MENA Project Finance Legal Adviser by volume
- #3 Global Project Finance Legal Adviser by value
- #3 North American Power Project Finance Legal Adviser by value
- #5 Global Power Project Finance Legal Adviser by value and volume
Some 90 lawyers work full time in the core project finance group, and another 40 are heavily engaged in energy transactions. The firm has advised on critical infrastructure projects in more than 80 countries, with particular strength in the Americas and in emerging markets. Chadbourne was recently named a "Project Finance Group of the Year" by Law360, marking the second consecutive year that the group has received this honor.
About Chadbourne & Parke
For more than a century, Chadbourne & Parke has counseled innovators around the world. We are a full-service law firm that leverages the extraordinary talent from our 11 international offices to offer the highest caliber client service in more than 80 countries on six continents. Today, we are recognized internationally for our groundbreaking work in emerging economies and our deep experience in energy and infrastructure, corporate and finance transactions, international disputes, and bankruptcy and financial restructuring.