Cecil C. Kuhne
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Cecil C. KuhnevCard
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
Key industry sectors
Cecil Kuhne is a litigator in the Dallas office, where he has been a member of the firm since 1993.
His primary practice area is the analysis, advocacy, and resolution of a wide range of complex and contentious commercial disputes, particularly those concerning contractual interpretation and requiring persuasive written arguments to the tribunal deciding the case.
He also has considerable experience in corporate investigations, both internal and regulatory, regarding alleged violations of the False Claims Act and other regulatory statutes.
JD, Texas Tech University School of Law, 1976
BA, cum laude, Economics, Texas Christian University, 1973
Admitted in the state of Texas, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and all U.S. District Courts in Texas
- Texas State Bar
AV Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Author of 22 books on litigation published by the American Bar Association:
Legal Treatises (Author) Published by the ABA
- A Litigator's Guide to Expert Witnesses (2nd ed. 2019)
- A Litigator's Guide to Building Your Best Argument (2nd ed. 2019)
- A Litigator's Guide to Convincing the Judge (2nd ed. 2019)
- Questions & Answers for Litigators
- Business Bribes: Corporate Corruption and the Courts
- The Law and Liability of Small Aircraft
- Buried Treasure: Finders, Keepers, and the Law
- Cancelled, Delayed, Grounded: Law for the Frustrated Air Traveler
- Adventure and the Law
- Sherlock Holmes for Lawyers: 100 Clues for Litigators From the Master Detective
- "Little Book of Law" series, including: BBQ Law, Boating Law, College Football Law, Cowboy Law, Elvis Law, Fitness Law, Foodie Law, Hunting and Fishing Law, and Skiing Law
Legal Treatises (Contributor)
- Chapters on commercial and evidentiary disputes in:
- Texas Litigation Guide, Texas Torts and Remedies, and Weinstein's Federal Evidence
- Representative chapters include: "Tortious Interference with Business Relations"
- Essays on litigation issues in:
- The Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy and The Review of Litigation (University of Texas), as well as the law reviews of the following eight universities: Capital, Drake, Loyola, John Marshall, Pepperdine, St. John's, St. Mary's, and Southwestern
- Representative essays include: "Excluding Testimony of Financial Experts in Federal Litigation," "Expanding the Scope of Securities Fraud," and "The Advice-of-Counsel Defense in Patent Infringement Cases"
- Articles on business disputes in:
- Fulbright Litigation Briefing, International Law Office, and Wall Street Lawyer